Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

No not the Tennessee Titans.

A friend and I at work tonight were planning out our week 14 gathering at his house. Why do you ask?

1) He has Direct TV and the NFL Ticket

2) He's a die hard Cryboys fan and we love to talk smack to eachother.

3) Week 14 we are slated to play them at 4:15. I think the greatest inter-conference rivalry in the NFL, given our history.

My questions are these. The Sunday night game is a matchup between the Hags and the Cheaters*. I think our matchup with the Cryboys should prove to be more worthy of a primetime slot. Will we trump this Hags/Cheaters* game at 8:00pm? How competitive will it be? Will the media spin the "Young Guns" theme, given that Ben/Romo already have had some off-season jibing between them? What will our respective offensive rankings be? This will be one of the best matchups of the season, IMO. What say you?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

Hands down! Think about the ratings the Network is going to get with arguably two of the biggest fan bases in the country/world for these NFL teams. They should've just saved themselves the trouble and just made it a night game. I would be shocked if it wasn't. These teams would have to be 4 games under .500 for it to not be up there. Seriously, who follows the Hags?

The media will be drooling at the idea of this matchup. Although we aren't flashy (in the media's eyes), Ben is slowly turning that thinking around. I say both teams will be top ten offenses at that point and unquestionably the Big Ben/Homo matchup-rivalry-whatever you want to call it will be played up. Its going to be one of those mid-season "Super Bowls", kind of like Cheaters-Colts last year...and Cheaters-Cowgirls.

In my circle of friends, there's about 4 or 5 Steeler fans and 3 or 4 Cowboy fans, we already planning on at least going to the 'Burgh if not to the game itself. Circle it!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Nah! Boring game. Cryboys will be out of it by then and we'll be resting guys for the playoffs.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

A friend and I at work tonight were planning out our week 14 gathering at his house. Why do you ask?

3) Week 14 we are slated to play them at 4:15. I think the greatest inter-conference rivalry in the NFL, given our history.

My questions are these. The Sunday night game is a matchup between the Hags and the Cheaters*. I think our matchup with the Cryboys should prove to be more worthy of a primetime slot. Will we trump this Hags/Cheaters* game at 8:00pm? How competitive will it be? Will the media spin the "Young Guns" theme, given that Ben/Romo already have had some off-season jibing between them? What will our respective offensive rankings be? This will be one of the best matchups of the season, IMO. What say you?

Patriots for a classic Steeler/Cowboys matchup not if Goodell has anything to say about it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Patriots for a classic Steeler/Cowboys matchup not if Goodell has anything to say about it.

You're probably correct there, LVG. The puppet Goodell listens to the strings that pull and one of those strings are pulled tightly from Foxborough.

Backup

User Info Menu

Since the game is being played on the East Coast and it is already listed as a 4pm game, I don't believe it can be changed. Only afternoon games starting at 1pm or West Coast games starting at 4pm can be moved.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Legend

User Info Menu

Judging by recent events, Belichick's video lackies must also have a tape of Goodell in a manage-a-trois with a Catholic priest and an 11 year old boy. Therefore, there is no way the Commish has a cajones to pre-empt a New England Asterisk game from its primetime slot in favor of a classic Steeler-Cowboy showdown.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    Since the game is being played on the East Coast and it is already listed as a 4pm game, I don't believe it can be changed. Only afternoon games starting at 1pm or West Coast games starting at 4pm can be moved.

So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    This is true.

The regular "daytime" networks are permitted to protect one game on Sunday from being pilfered and aired Sunday night...

I would think that a Steelers/Cowboys matchup would be one to protect...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Given the history of these two teams and their past rivalry, I can't see any other game during week 14 that merits more air time. Since SB XXX I haven't seen both ball clubs loaded with as much talent as they both will have this upcoming season. I think it will be an offensively electrified game. I want our team to stomp the cowgirls into the dirt... but my wife wants the cowgirls to win, because she thinks their pants are the prettiest in the NFL.

This will be a divided household come week 14.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Given the history of these two teams and their past rivalry, I can't see any other game during week 14 that merits more air time. Since SB XXX I haven't seen both ball clubs loaded with as much talent as they both will have this upcoming season. I think it will be an offensively electrified game. I want our team to stomp the cowgirls into the dirt... but my wife wants the cowgirls to win, because she thinks their pants are the prettiest in the NFL.

This will be a divided household come week 14.
    Personally, I like Jessica Simpson's pants...hopefully, she'll be at the game so Romo can fold like a lawn chair...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.