Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    No not the Tennessee Titans.

    A friend and I at work tonight were planning out our week 14 gathering at his house. Why do you ask?

    1) He has Direct TV and the NFL Ticket

    2) He's a die hard Cryboys fan and we love to talk smack to eachother.

    3) Week 14 we are slated to play them at 4:15. I think the greatest inter-conference rivalry in the NFL, given our history.


    My questions are these. The Sunday night game is a matchup between the Hags and the Cheaters*. I think our matchup with the Cryboys should prove to be more worthy of a primetime slot. Will we trump this Hags/Cheaters* game at 8:00pm? How competitive will it be? Will the media spin the "Young Guns" theme, given that Ben/Romo already have had some off-season jibing between them? What will our respective offensive rankings be? This will be one of the best matchups of the season, IMO. What say you?

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,630

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Hands down! Think about the ratings the Network is going to get with arguably two of the biggest fan bases in the country/world for these NFL teams. They should've just saved themselves the trouble and just made it a night game. I would be shocked if it wasn't. These teams would have to be 4 games under .500 for it to not be up there. Seriously, who follows the Hags?

    The media will be drooling at the idea of this matchup. Although we aren't flashy (in the media's eyes), Ben is slowly turning that thinking around. I say both teams will be top ten offenses at that point and unquestionably the Big Ben/Homo matchup-rivalry-whatever you want to call it will be played up. Its going to be one of those mid-season "Super Bowls", kind of like Cheaters-Colts last year...and Cheaters-Cowgirls.

    In my circle of friends, there's about 4 or 5 Steeler fans and 3 or 4 Cowboy fans, we already planning on at least going to the 'Burgh if not to the game itself. Circle it!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Nah! Boring game. Cryboys will be out of it by then and we'll be resting guys for the playoffs.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  4. #4
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    No not the Tennessee Titans.

    A friend and I at work tonight were planning out our week 14 gathering at his house. Why do you ask?

    1) He has Direct TV and the NFL Ticket

    2) He's a die hard Cryboys fan and we love to talk smack to eachother.

    3) Week 14 we are slated to play them at 4:15. I think the greatest inter-conference rivalry in the NFL, given our history.


    My questions are these. The Sunday night game is a matchup between the Hags and the Cheaters*. I think our matchup with the Cryboys should prove to be more worthy of a primetime slot. Will we trump this Hags/Cheaters* game at 8:00pm? How competitive will it be? Will the media spin the "Young Guns" theme, given that Ben/Romo already have had some off-season jibing between them? What will our respective offensive rankings be? This will be one of the best matchups of the season, IMO. What say you?

    Patriots for a classic Steeler/Cowboys matchup not if Goodell has anything to say about it.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    No not the Tennessee Titans.

    A friend and I at work tonight were planning out our week 14 gathering at his house. Why do you ask?

    1) He has Direct TV and the NFL Ticket

    2) He's a die hard Cryboys fan and we love to talk smack to eachother.

    3) Week 14 we are slated to play them at 4:15. I think the greatest inter-conference rivalry in the NFL, given our history.


    My questions are these. The Sunday night game is a matchup between the Hags and the Cheaters*. I think our matchup with the Cryboys should prove to be more worthy of a primetime slot. Will we trump this Hags/Cheaters* game at 8:00pm? How competitive will it be? Will the media spin the "Young Guns" theme, given that Ben/Romo already have had some off-season jibing between them? What will our respective offensive rankings be? This will be one of the best matchups of the season, IMO. What say you?

    Patriots for a classic Steeler/Cowboys matchup not if Goodell has anything to say about it.

    You're probably correct there, LVG. The puppet Goodell listens to the strings that pull and one of those strings are pulled tightly from Foxborough.

  6. #6

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Since the game is being played on the East Coast and it is already listed as a 4pm game, I don't believe it can be changed. Only afternoon games starting at 1pm or West Coast games starting at 4pm can be moved.

    So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

  7. #7
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,334

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Judging by recent events, Belichick's video lackies must also have a tape of Goodell in a manage-a-trois with a Catholic priest and an 11 year old boy. Therefore, there is no way the Commish has a cajones to pre-empt a New England Asterisk game from its primetime slot in favor of a classic Steeler-Cowboy showdown.

  8. #8

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    Since the game is being played on the East Coast and it is already listed as a 4pm game, I don't believe it can be changed. Only afternoon games starting at 1pm or West Coast games starting at 4pm can be moved.

    So I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    This is true.

    The regular "daytime" networks are permitted to protect one game on Sunday from being pilfered and aired Sunday night...

    I would think that a Steelers/Cowboys matchup would be one to protect...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Given the history of these two teams and their past rivalry, I can't see any other game during week 14 that merits more air time. Since SB XXX I haven't seen both ball clubs loaded with as much talent as they both will have this upcoming season. I think it will be an offensively electrified game. I want our team to stomp the cowgirls into the dirt... but my wife wants the cowgirls to win, because she thinks their pants are the prettiest in the NFL.

    This will be a divided household come week 14.

  10. #10

    Re: Week 14: Clash of the Titans?

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Given the history of these two teams and their past rivalry, I can't see any other game during week 14 that merits more air time. Since SB XXX I haven't seen both ball clubs loaded with as much talent as they both will have this upcoming season. I think it will be an offensively electrified game. I want our team to stomp the cowgirls into the dirt... but my wife wants the cowgirls to win, because she thinks their pants are the prettiest in the NFL.

    This will be a divided household come week 14.
    Personally, I like Jessica Simpson's pants...hopefully, she'll be at the game so Romo can fold like a lawn chair...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •