Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kemoeatu has chance to fill Fanecas' shoes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Kemoeatu has chance to fill Fanecas' shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    So let me see, our two projected starting guards are now Kendall Simmons and a guy who couldn't beat KenDoll out last season. I sure hope the offensive line jells and plays well as a cohesive unit, but I have my doubts. I guess we'll find out soon enough...
    A good quick passing game and a strong 2 back running game could nullify the Oline problems we experienced last year......I hope.
    You hit the nail on the head. many of the sacks were not OL issues, but Ben not checking down fast enough to secondary receivers, i.e. TEs and RBs. Ben is great throwing short to mid range and almost unstoppable--see J-ville play off game. When he wants to force the balkl deep and waits for receivers to get open deep that is when the sacks happen.

I think the OL will play much better this season, but Ben is key to 50% of the solution--get rid of the ball.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As long as Kemo realizes that he doesn't have to fill his own shoes and just wear his own, he can be a force this year.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

At Kemo's size, he would seem to be a better fit as a mauling RG than an athletic LG. I would like to see Colon move inside to fill Faneca's spot, allowing the team to actually start the guy they signed to the $6.9 million dollar deal.

Smith-Colon-Hartwig-Kemoeatu-Starks

You'd have Stapleton as the back-up center (assuming he keeps that job and Legursky is put on the practice squad).

You'd have Simmons and Mahan as the back-up guards (assuming Mahan is not a June 1 cut to save money to sign our draft picks if the team is not able to work out a more reasonable long term deal with Starks first).

You'd have Essex and Hills as the back-up tackles (although if Marvel or Max went down, I think they would move Colon back to tackle and Simmons back in to start at guard again before they went with Essex or Hills this season)

You normally don't want to make 2 changes to fill one spot like that, but Colon already has starting experience at tackle Simmons already has starting experience at guard, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    So let me see, our two projected starting guards are now Kendall Simmons and a guy who couldn't beat KenDoll out last season. I sure hope the offensive line jells and plays well as a cohesive unit, but I have my doubts. I guess we'll find out soon enough...
    A good quick passing game and a strong 2 back running game could nullify the Oline problems we experienced last year......I hope.
    You hit the nail on the head. many of the sacks were not OL issues, but Ben not checking down fast enough to secondary receivers, i.e. TEs and RBs. Ben is great throwing short to mid range and almost unstoppable--see J-ville play off game. When he wants to force the balkl deep and waits for receivers to get open deep that is when the sacks happen.

I think the OL will play much better this season, but Ben is key to 50% of the solution--get rid of the ball.
    Now that Tom Brady has been exposed as knowing the defensive signals, his ability to make those quick reads and hit his slot receiver should be seen in a different light.

A qb needs at least 3-4 seconds to make those reads, Ben rarely got that last year.

Arians can design some quick pass plays but that IMO is not on Ben.

Another AS masterpiece.