Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pats* Cheat Another Way

LasVegasGuy

Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    If this is true, then I would think penalties could be imposed.... If you remember, back in the late '70s that "weasel-looking guy" (I can't think of his name right now) on ESPN turned the Steelers in for violating OTA protocols, and the team was subsequently punished the following year....

If they are found guilty Goodell has already said no new fines will be imposed. From Goodell's press conference and I quote.

"Two new pieces of information that we did pick up in the three hours that were of note: One is that they had a tape of he indicated that there was a tape at one point in time of a player inappropriately practicing. He was a player that was on injured reserve. He practiced, I believe, back in 2001. He identified the player. We're verifying that. So that is something that we have been looking into.

I would tell you up front, though, that the way we normally handle those matters, those are a matter of a team fine, if they are verified, and then they are handled on that basis. I would expect that if we were to verify it, that I would consider it part of the fine that I implemented against the Patriots, close to $750,000 between the Patriots and Bill Belichick, and I would not take any further action on that. But we will be verifying that."

If verified he will consider a fine and make it part of the $750,000 he has already impossed on the Patriots. So basically, the Cheatriots have carte blanche to do whatever they want. All the fines imposed against them will go against the $750,000 they were already assessed. What a true weasel this Goodell is. He can't leave this league fast enough in my opinion.

Okay that is the most assanine thing I have ever heard. So if Jamal Lewis goes sells drugs to someone right now he wouldn't have to go to jail again because he already served. Or if OJ Simpson lops off a couple more heads, he wouldn't go back to jai.....oh wait.
    Don't shoot the messenger. How the media just let this go is beyond me. When is a fine issued in the past for things that may happen in the future? If this doesn't show the world the love Goodell has for the Patriots I don't know what does. I wouldn't be surprised if he called the Patriots and asked them what the penalty should be for what they did.

Kipper

Goodell will look the other way, so he can have more time to punish the pot smokers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    If this is true, then I would think penalties could be imposed.... If you remember, back in the late '70s that "weasel-looking guy" (I can't think of his name right now) on ESPN turned the Steelers in for violating OTA protocols, and the team was subsequently punished the following year....

If they are found guilty Goodell has already said no new fines will be imposed. From Goodell's press conference and I quote.

"Two new pieces of information that we did pick up in the three hours that were of note: One is that they had a tape of he indicated that there was a tape at one point in time of a player inappropriately practicing. He was a player that was on injured reserve. He practiced, I believe, back in 2001. He identified the player. We're verifying that. So that is something that we have been looking into.

I would tell you up front, though, that the way we normally handle those matters, those are a matter of a team fine, if they are verified, and then they are handled on that basis. I would expect that if we were to verify it, that I would consider it part of the fine that I implemented against the Patriots, close to $750,000 between the Patriots and Bill Belichick, and I would not take any further action on that. But we will be verifying that."

If verified he will consider a fine and make it part of the $750,000 he has already impossed on the Patriots. So basically, the Cheatriots have carte blanche to do whatever they want. All the fines imposed against them will go against the $750,000 they were already assessed. What a true weasel this Goodell is. He can't leave this league fast enough in my opinion.

Okay that is the most assanine thing I have ever heard. So if Jamal Lewis goes sells drugs to someone right now he wouldn't have to go to jail again because he already served. Or if OJ Simpson lops off a couple more heads, he wouldn't go back to jai.....oh wait.
    Don't shoot the messenger. How the media just let this go is beyond me. When is a fine issued in the past for things that may happen in the future? If this doesn't show the world the love Goodell has for the Patriots I don't know what does. I wouldn't be surprised if he called the Patriots and asked them what the penalty should be for what they did.

Yeah my angst wasn't aimed at you. Its just sad that something like this (in conjunction with EVERYTHING else) just doesn't even get sniffed. That came out that day he had his press conference? And no one questioned it in the media outlets? Just bullocks I say.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Speaking of rules that they have broken, I am hocked that this has never resurfaced because I always thought that this was the biggest issue of all:

Do you remember how several teams stated that when they were playing in Foxboro, they would be driving the ball into Pats territory and their radio signals would suddenly jam? I always thought that this was the biggest cheat of all, and it never really hit the spotlight, but it was definitely reported.

How did this manage to fall behind IRd players on the severity chart?
    I agree. That made me sit up too when it was reported. I hope it's (being) looked into. Oh, and I heckle the Pats whenever I watch a game with them in it.

[quote=us_steelinfrance]
    Quote Originally Posted by "steeler_fan_in_t.o.":3kalf5ha
    Speaking of rules that they have broken, I am hocked that this has never resurfaced because I always thought that this was the biggest issue of all:

Do you remember how several teams stated that when they were playing in Foxboro, they would be driving the ball into Pats territory and their radio signals would suddenly jam? I always thought that this was the biggest cheat of all, and it never really hit the spotlight, but it was definitely reported.

How did this manage to fall behind IRd players on the severity chart?
    I agree. That made me sit up too when it was reported. I hope it's (being) looked into. Oh, and I heckle the Pats whenever I watch a game with them in it. [/quote:3kalf5ha]

I seriously doubt it.

LasVegasGuy

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":p2cmr7q9

Yeah my angst wasn't aimed at you. Its just sad that something like this (in conjunction with EVERYTHING else) just doesn't even get sniffed. That came out that day he had his press conference? And no one questioned it in the media outlets? Just bullocks I say.[/quote2cmr7q9]

What about his blatant attempt at poking fun of the injury report. Brady has been on the list for 6 years with a shoulder injury. I mean C'mon at what point do you show Belicheat he is not above the league?

I mean C'mon at what point do you show Belicheat he is not above the league?
    Well,he's been doing a good job of disrespecting the league thus far and nothing's happened,so I doubt anything more will come of it.