Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Pats* Cheat Another Way

  1. #11
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    If this is true, then I would think penalties could be imposed.... If you remember, back in the late '70s that "weasel-looking guy" (I can't think of his name right now) on ESPN turned the Steelers in for violating OTA protocols, and the team was subsequently punished the following year....

    If they are found guilty Goodell has already said no new fines will be imposed. From Goodell's press conference and I quote.

    "Two new pieces of information that we did pick up in the three hours that were of note: One is that they had a tape of he indicated that there was a tape at one point in time of a player inappropriately practicing. He was a player that was on injured reserve. He practiced, I believe, back in 2001. He identified the player. We're verifying that. So that is something that we have been looking into.

    I would tell you up front, though, that the way we normally handle those matters, those are a matter of a team fine, if they are verified, and then they are handled on that basis. I would expect that if we were to verify it, that I would consider it part of the fine that I implemented against the Patriots, close to $750,000 between the Patriots and Bill Belichick, and I would not take any further action on that. But we will be verifying that."


    If verified he will consider a fine and make it part of the $750,000 he has already impossed on the Patriots. So basically, the Cheatriots have carte blanche to do whatever they want. All the fines imposed against them will go against the $750,000 they were already assessed. What a true weasel this Goodell is. He can't leave this league fast enough in my opinion.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    What a true weasel this Goodell is. He can't leave this league fast enough in my opinion.
    I gotta agree.... When Goodell first took his position, I liked the message he was putting out, but he failed to deliver....

  3. #13
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    Why would he lump the fines?! They are COMPLETELY separate mattes. More Goodell not taking the Pats* balls out of his mouth!

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    I'm glad all these "former" personnel are coming out of the woodwork. Let them keep coming and let Goodell keep sweeping things under the rug. The more he sits, the more that his inaction will seal his fate..... Belichump will get his one day.... he might just take the commish with him.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    This one doesn't bother NEARLY as much as them taping/cheating. That directly affected the Steelers, twice. I couldcare less about this. I guess I'll just add another asterisk to Pats**** when I type it out now.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  6. #16

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    the sad thing is their completely inappropriate behavior is doing nothing but tarnish the league, looking more and more like baseball.

    I've argued that what belicheat has done is CRIMINAL, and if his cheating has kept the steelers from a potential superbowl, that is just like stealing boatloads of cash from the city of pittsburgh.

    goodell is fast becoming an inept joke, and the more he flaunts his actions against the pats as being legit, the more he flounders.

    the pats and belicheat should be heckled to no end, each and every away game.

  7. #17

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    Speaking of rules that they have broken, I am hocked that this has never resurfaced because I always thought that this was the biggest issue of all:

    Do you remember how several teams stated that when they were playing in Foxboro, they would be driving the ball into Pats territory and their radio signals would suddenly jam? I always thought that this was the biggest cheat of all, and it never really hit the spotlight, but it was definitely reported.

    How did this manage to fall behind IRd players on the severity chart?

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,626

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I mean the thing that kinda really spoke to me out of that article is that Belicheat* wants an advantage no matter what and no matter what rule he violates etc. He's worse for the NFL than PacMan Jones---and yes I will defend that statement.

    Pac-Man/Belichick-the only difference is one of them hides what he does.
    Who's worse for the NBA? The ref who fixed games or the players that get arrested.

    The ref who fixed games is the answer...and Belicheat* is attempting to do the exact same thing. He does EVERYTHING illegal that he can to fix the game in his advantage.

    PacMan/Belicheat* the only difference is that one is ruining his life, and the other is ruining a whole sport!

    I can support you that belicheat is worse for the NFL because he is tugging at the integrity of the game and Pacman is tugging at the image of the league. However I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what Pacman is doing, he is ruining his life and affecting many others. Making it rain while his boy is shootin' up the club isn't necessarily "only" his life his actions are affecting. But I get where you are coming from.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,626

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    If this is true, then I would think penalties could be imposed.... If you remember, back in the late '70s that "weasel-looking guy" (I can't think of his name right now) on ESPN turned the Steelers in for violating OTA protocols, and the team was subsequently punished the following year....

    If they are found guilty Goodell has already said no new fines will be imposed. From Goodell's press conference and I quote.

    "Two new pieces of information that we did pick up in the three hours that were of note: One is that they had a tape of he indicated that there was a tape at one point in time of a player inappropriately practicing. He was a player that was on injured reserve. He practiced, I believe, back in 2001. He identified the player. We're verifying that. So that is something that we have been looking into.

    I would tell you up front, though, that the way we normally handle those matters, those are a matter of a team fine, if they are verified, and then they are handled on that basis. I would expect that if we were to verify it, that I would consider it part of the fine that I implemented against the Patriots, close to $750,000 between the Patriots and Bill Belichick, and I would not take any further action on that. But we will be verifying that."


    If verified he will consider a fine and make it part of the $750,000 he has already impossed on the Patriots. So basically, the Cheatriots have carte blanche to do whatever they want. All the fines imposed against them will go against the $750,000 they were already assessed. What a true weasel this Goodell is. He can't leave this league fast enough in my opinion.

    Okay that is the most assanine thing I have ever heard. So if Jamal Lewis goes sells drugs to someone right now he wouldn't have to go to jail again because he already served. Or if OJ Simpson lops off a couple more heads, he wouldn't go back to jai.....oh wait.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  10. #20
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

    [quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":ox76tlko
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I mean the thing that kinda really spoke to me out of that article is that Belicheat* wants an advantage no matter what and no matter what rule he violates etc. He's worse for the NFL than PacMan Jones---and yes I will defend that statement.

    Pac-Man/Belichick-the only difference is one of them hides what he does.
    Who's worse for the NBA? The ref who fixed games or the players that get arrested.

    The ref who fixed games is the answer...and Belicheat* is attempting to do the exact same thing. He does EVERYTHING illegal that he can to fix the game in his advantage.

    PacMan/Belicheat* the only difference is that one is ruining his life, and the other is ruining a whole sport!

    I can support you that belicheat is worse for the NFL because he is tugging at the integrity of the game and Pacman is tugging at the image of the league. However I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss what Pacman is doing, he is ruining his life and affecting many others. Making it rain while his boy is shootin' up the club isn't necessarily "only" his life his actions are affecting. But I get where you are coming from.[/quotex76tlko]

    Yeah I wasnt trying to say that PacMan doesn't affect anyone else, but you got what I was trying to say. I was trying to say that what Belicheat* is doing directly affects the NFL and they'd rather worry about HAIR!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •