Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pats* Cheat Another Way

BigBen2112

Pats* Cheat Another Way

Damn....how many ways can a team cheat?!

Tucker agrees with Walsh: Patriots practiced with IR players

ESPN.com news services
    Updated: May 22, 2008, 5:39 PM ET

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

Former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh, in a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell last week, said that a Patriots player on injured reserve practiced when he wasn't allowed to in 2001. The NFL said it would investigate the claim.

Tucker continued to contend the Patriots used injured players illegally during an interview on ESPN's "NFL Live." He first wrote about it last week on SI.com.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage." He also added that using a player on injured reserve in practice was of "minimal" benefit.

Last Friday, in an article published on SI.com, Tucker wrote that: "I had heard the Patriots did this before I signed with them in 2005 and I saw it firsthand during my time there. I asked veteran receiver Troy Brown about it one time and he responded, 'Every team in the league does that.' I quickly let him know none of the three teams I played for previously had done so.

"Basically, the Patriots would put a player on IR, knowing it meant he couldn't play in a game or practice with the team for the remainder of the season. By skirting the rules and practicing him anyway, it allowed them to develop his skills during the year. A side benefit is that they were also able to give some of the older players less repetitions and, therefore, additional rest."

Tucker played with Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, New England and Cleveland during his career. He currently writes for SI.com and hosts a show on Sirius satellite radio.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3408450

Can we suspend the dude yet?! God!

Hall of Famer

Re: Pats* Cheat Another Way

If this is true, then I would think penalties could be imposed.... If you remember, back in the late '70s that "weasel-looking guy" (I can't think of his name right now) on ESPN turned the Steelers in for violating OTA protocols, and the team was subsequently punished the following year....

Roger Goodell as we speak!!!

BigBen2112

Can they just suspend the a$$ yet?! I mean SERIOUSLY! That's 2 people who have come out and said that they were cheating ANOTHER way too...this is ridiculous!

I h8 the Patriots....
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    I h8 the Patriots....
    AMEN,brother!!!

BigBen2112

I mean the thing that kinda really spoke to me out of that article is that Belicheat* wants an advantage no matter what and no matter what rule he violates etc. He's worse for the NFL than PacMan Jones---and yes I will defend that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I mean the thing that kinda really spoke to me out of that article is that Belicheat* wants an advantage no matter what and no matter what rule he violates etc. He's worse for the NFL than PacMan Jones---and yes I will defend that statement.

Pac-Man/Belichick-the only difference is one of them hides what he does.

Hall of Famer

...Let go of the "hate".... It will seriously be your undoing....... :P

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74

Pac-Man/Belichick-the only difference is one of them hides what he does.
    Who's worse for the NBA? The ref who fixed games or the players that get arrested.

The ref who fixed games is the answer...and Belicheat* is attempting to do the exact same thing. He does EVERYTHING illegal that he can to fix the game in his advantage.

PacMan/Belicheat* the only difference is that one is ruining his life, and the other is ruining a whole sport!