Thread: 100th Member!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: 100th Member!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    I still hit both....
    Right on....

[/quote]

....Sorry, FSU is an infestation that I just won't deal with....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I still hit both....
    Right on....

good man nothing wrong with hitting them both.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. I remember good posts with him and bad ones. But I have to say I remember more good ones then I do the bad ones. He seemed to have broke apart at the seams at the end of last year. In his defense I was pretty aggravated with the 1-4 record down the stretch and I made my displeasure known as well. I have since moved on and I'm sure he has too.

I think that 1-4 record down the stretch was heartbreaking to us all. I know between the troll infestations, the posturing of some of the "heavies" on Triblive, I was just done. I started posting less and less. NKy, rpmpit and Shawn can attest to the fact that, with me, if I'm not enjoying it, I'm not participating. I'm not saying it has to be all warm fuzzies when discussions ensue, but let's not get personal and let's drop the egos. We're talking about perspective.... banter, debate, argue, if one needs to, but when insults start getting slung and negativity is the only common theme throughout most of the threads, then why bother? Life is too short and has too much drama in itself, to have to bring in cyber-drama with a bunch of faceless people into the mix.

I work in a field where I see the tail end of life, and the view going out is not the same we have right now. When you look at what Patrick Williams is now going through in his life, and the future of his children without their mother.... it not only breaks my heart, but gives me absolute clarity on what is worth getting distressed about, not because we didn't pick up the coveted tackle in this year's draft, or why our OL coach still has his job, or why the Rooneys are backing the league and Goodell. My old man didn't teach me much, but I remember two things from his lips that has served me well:

1) You can only worry about the things you have control over.

2) The most successful people in this world (talking of all-encompassing success, personal, professional, emotional, etc.... you get the picture) are the ones who can not only learn from other peoples mistakes but learn from other people's vantage points.

I'll get off my soap box now.... just had a patient die on me an hour ago. Peace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Not to get into a board comparison as they are different in a lot of way but 1Steelers has:
    Threads: 176, Posts: 1,348, Members: 103

Planet has:
    Total posts 2813 | Total topics 221 | Total members 104
    Nice.
    Trolls are people too.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

I agree. I remember good posts with him and bad ones. But I have to say I remember more good ones then I do the bad ones. He seemed to have broke apart at the seams at the end of last year. In his defense I was pretty aggravated with the 1-4 record down the stretch and I made my displeasure known as well. I have since moved on and I'm sure he has too.

I think that 1-4 record down the stretch was heartbreaking to us all. I know between the troll infestations, the posturing of some of the "heavies" on Triblive, I was just done. I started posting less and less. NKy, rpmpit and Shawn can attest to the fact that, with me, if I'm not enjoying it, I'm not participating. I'm not saying it has to be all warm fuzzies when discussions ensue, but let's not get personal and let's drop the egos. We're talking about perspective.... banter, debate, argue, if one needs to, but when insults start getting slung and negativity is the only common theme throughout most of the threads, then why bother? Life is too short and has too much drama in itself, to have to bring in cyber-drama with a bunch of faceless people into the mix.

I work in a field where I see the tail end of life, and the view going out is not the same we have right now. When you look at what Patrick Williams is now going through in his life, and the future of his children without their mother.... it not only breaks my heart, but gives me absolute clarity on what is worth getting distressed about, not because we didn't pick up the coveted tackle in this year's draft, or why our OL coach still has his job, or why the Rooneys are backing the league and Goodell. My old man didn't teach me much, but I remember two things from his lips that has served me well:

2) The most successful people in this world (talking of all-encompassing success, personal, professional, emotional, etc.... you get the picture) are the ones who can not only learn from other peoples mistakes but learn from other people's vantage points.

I'll get off my soap box now.... just had a patient die on me an hour ago. Peace.

I think we often forget about the fact that this is only a game. I read Patrick's post yesterday and it really puts in to perspective what is important in life and what isn't.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mshifko
    yo yo yo what is up brothas!!!!!!
    what up shifko! good to see another c-bus resident in the hizzy...

So that was you they did that story on the news about robbin' banks? (referring to your breaking the law comment)

Welcome.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm with you on this post brother, I've lost too many in the last 2 years to really give a ratz about what someone else does with their business. I'm just a fan that's it. I either enjoy my time with my board family or I don't it doesn't get any harder that that. Life is too short so the Steelers better win like 4 more Superbowls for me so I can RIP!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    i've been a busy man these days, breaking all the laws, etc...
    I didn't know you played for the bungles.

Welcome aboard homeslice.
    chris henry and i are homeboys now, didn't you know haha...

i was beginning to wonder why pittsburghlive was dragging so much, but then NKy and Steelernation hit me up with a PM and i switched over to this board which is by the way, TIIIIIIIGGGGHT....
    We are still missing Agdci.
    No,we're not.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Outstanding post and I wholeheartedly agree. I don't get trolls at all. They somehow get kicks in stirring crap up. Why? I've seen it said before: That is a sad way to go through life. You only hope they just do it as a "faceless" person, as you say. But even then, why bother.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285