Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    I was wanting to get some ideas on future contest for the season. I know
    some people want FF...which I believe we will do. But, I was thinking we could
    have football betting thread (all play money of course). List the over/under
    each week. And let people place "bets" (starting money $1000) and see by the
    season who has the most. Who is the gambling guru? The award could be a
    PLAYAs award specific for the contest.

    Who would be interested in something like that?

    Any other ideas for contests?
    Round 1-Rashaan Evans-ILB Alabama
    Round 2- Jessie Bates-FS Wake Forest
    Round 3- Kyzir White-SS West Virginia
    Round 5-Shaquem Griffin-OLB Central Florida
    Round 5b- Bo Scarborough-RB Alabama
    Round 7- Richie James-WR/slot/utility-MTSU
    Round 7b- Brett Toth-OT-Army

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I was wanting to get some ideas on future contest for the season. I know
    some people want FF...which I believe we will do. But, I was thinking we could
    have football betting thread (all play money of course). List the over/under
    each week. And let people place "bets" (starting money $1000) and see by the
    season who has the most. Who is the gambling guru? The award could be a
    PLAYAs award specific for the contest.

    Who would be interested in something like that?

    Any other ideas for contests?
    MSM?

    What would be cool... include the over/unders as well as games against the spread... Each week, you pick any 6 (your personal LOCKS)... or whatever number sounds reasonable.

    Another thing I've liked in the past (done in my office)... the "suicide/survivor" pools. To quote a web site (loosely).
    There are only 2 rules in an NFL (National Football League) Survivor Pool: You have to pick an NFL team to win (straight-up only, no point-spread) and you canít pick the same team twice. The pool begins in Week 1 and ends when thereís only 1 participant (survivor) left. You win and you move on to next week, you lose and thereís always next year! That's it.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2018 Mock (in Progress)
    1. Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise
    2. Justin Reid, S, Stanford

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    Absolutely spot on SOD. The suicide pools are excruciatingly fun. Escpecially when you get later on and are forced to decide which team is more likely to win among Detroit, Miami, Bungles, or Raiders. Lots of "strategery" involved in that kind of contest.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I was wanting to get some ideas on future contest for the season. I know
    some people want FF...which I believe we will do. But, I was thinking we could
    have football betting thread (all play money of course). List the over/under
    each week. And let people place "bets" (starting money $1000) and see by the
    season who has the most. Who is the gambling guru? The award could be a
    PLAYAs award specific for the contest.

    Who would be interested in something like that?

    Any other ideas for contests?
    MSM?

    What would be cool... include the over/unders as well as games against the spread... Each week, you pick any 6 (your personal LOCKS)... or whatever number sounds reasonable.

    Another thing I've liked in the past (done in my office)... the "suicide/survivor" pools. To quote a web site (loosely).
    There are only 2 rules in an NFL (National Football League) Survivor Pool: You have to pick an NFL team to win (straight-up only, no point-spread) and you canít pick the same team twice. The pool begins in Week 1 and ends when thereís only 1 participant (survivor) left. You win and you move on to next week, you lose and thereís always next year! That's it.
    I think LVG mentioned a survivor pool that was point-spread-based (which I don't like) in another thread. I've done the non-point-spread-based survivor pools before at work, and it seems to work well. I'd be all for that for sure. Everyone can be involved too, since it doesn't take up a whole lot of time per week since all you have to do it pick one game.


    If Roquan Smith falls to late teens, trade 1.28 & 2.60 to SEA for 1.18 & 4.120:

    1.18 LB Roquan Smith
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    4.120 RB Royce Freeman
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    7.246 OT Brett Toth

    If not:

    1.28 LB Leighton Vander Esch
    2.60 C/G Billy Price
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 RB Ito Smith
    7.246 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    I like the survivor idea as well.

    I have also been kicking the following around... let me know what you guys think:

    It would be great to have a contest where we try to pick the most exciting game of the week at the beginning of each season. Kind of what Monday Night Football has to do. We could score the contest based on the closeness of the score, or whether a player had 3 or more touchdowns, etc. Criteria that make the game exciting. I was thinking of a working title: Monday Night Football Director.

    What do you guys think?
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  6. #6
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    I would definitely like to have a pick-em's contest during the season.Also,will we be doing an awards presentation such as the PLAYAS??

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    Simple contest:

    We have members just select all the winning teams for each week

    Also delineate a total score for Monday Night (this settles a tie breaker)

    Winner is determined by the most collective wins.


    Feedback?

  8. #8
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Simple contest:

    We have members just select all the winning teams for each week

    Also delineate a total score for Monday Night (this settles a tie breaker)

    Winner is determined by the most collective wins.


    Feedback?
    I like the sound of that.Not too hard for newbs to understand.Sign me up.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    SoD, I really like that survivor contest. That's super easy to put together also.
    Round 1-Rashaan Evans-ILB Alabama
    Round 2- Jessie Bates-FS Wake Forest
    Round 3- Kyzir White-SS West Virginia
    Round 5-Shaquem Griffin-OLB Central Florida
    Round 5b- Bo Scarborough-RB Alabama
    Round 7- Richie James-WR/slot/utility-MTSU
    Round 7b- Brett Toth-OT-Army

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Simple contest:

    We have members just select all the winning teams for each week

    Also delineate a total score for Monday Night (this settles a tie breaker)

    Winner is determined by the most collective wins.


    Feedback?
    I like the sound of that.Not too hard for newbs to understand.Sign me up.

    It would be easy to tabulate and score. We used to do this same pool format at work (on the low-low of course, because gambling at work was not tolerated.... this is where I got my AngryAsian moniker.... my football pool name.... real wise, incognito name, because if the management found out about it, they could never find a Steeler fan that was asian )

    by Monday night there could be 2-5 people in the hunt for the win and watching MNF and keeping an eye on the score..... as well as who will win, kept things interesting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •