Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How in the world are the Browns going to cover Steeler WR's?

Re: How in the world are the Browns going to cover Steeler WR's?

Here's the Brown's SuperBowl Trophy XLIII this year...

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    but yet, alot of media think they are going to win the conference because all of their offensive "weapons." You don't make it far in this league without a strong defense, especially in the playoffs...
    I think after this draft...the Steelers have better offensive weapons. I think they are now right up there with the best of teams...Indy and the Patriots..however this Steeler offense is going to be more balanced and more diverse with this running game.

Legend

Question: How in the world are the Browns going to cover Steeler WR's?

Answer: Very badly

More to the point, how are they going to cover anyone's receiver the entire season? They could be headed for a big fall between no defense and the league being on the Derek Anderson. DA could very easily through 20+ INTs this year.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

steeld95

Here is a good comparison of us and the Browns
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Here is a good comparison of us and the Browns
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

I don't know about the Browns but I know how the Pats will cover the Steeler WRs.

*wait for punch line*

With a video camera.

tu du dum

Ok...that was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Yeah, but they have Brady Quinn.
    Yeah, what a qb combo...Quinn and Anderson...I'm sure Labeau is already having late nights tying to game plan how to stop these guys....I just don't know how we can stop them
    Anderson might actually put up some good numbers because he's going to be throwing the ball a lot playing catch up thanks to that stellar D.
    Now guys, I think that Anderson will have a Roethlisberger like year next year......

Unfortunately for him, it will be a Roethlisberger '06 type year.

In 2006, Ben set his career high in passing yardage - and losses and interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Only 2 teams in the NFL surrendered more passing TD's than the Browns last year.

So far, they have traded away CB Leigh Bodden (and a 3rd round pick) for the tub o' lard Shaun Rogers, they cut CB Kenny Wright after a recent run-in with the law, and now CB Davin Holly had a serious knee injury this week that will require surgery and will likely force him to miss the season.

Now, at corner, they have Eric Wright and Brandon McDonald and...ummm...hmmm...uhhhh...that's about it. Seriously. They may need to keep multiple UDFA rookies on their active roster for their primary CB depth.

How do they plan to cover Ward, Holmes, Sweed, Washington, and Baker, not to mention Miller and Spaeth, plus Parker, Mendenhall, and Moore out of the backfield?

In our two wins over them last year, we scored 65 points (34 & 31). I think those numbers will go up this coming season.

You think they are regretting the Rogers trade now? If they didn't make that trade, they would still have Bodden and could have used that 3rd round pick on a young DT like Andre Fluellen (who the Lions took with the Browns' original pick), Marcus Harrison, Dre Moore, or Red Bryant instead.

Man oh man, the Browns are stupid.
    When they got rid of Bodden I commented on it on the other board. I thought that was a bigger loss than people made it out to be. Now it proves to be even moreso.

Gosh remember a few years back when the Steelers got beat deep ALL the time. That sucked. I envision the Browns having very similar problems the Steelers did back then.

Ty Law is still out there isn't he? I know he is old, but if they are desperate for spot duty veteran, he'd be a nice fill in for them. I hope not, he's always been a nemesis of mine.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

The Browns may not be 8-8 this year. They have no secondary, marginal LBs and an unproven DL. They are going to get torched.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Haven't you heard yet? The Clowns just signed veteran CB Terry Cousin, making the BrownStains his 7th team in 11 years in the NFL. That should pretty much solve all of their DB worries...