Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben Gets Stanley Cup Fever

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben Gets Stanley Cup Fever

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    I wonder if the Pens fans really understand how fortunate you are. I'm not much of a hockey fan anymore (even though I used a Leafs avatar on the trib board), but this city is insane about it.

The Pens were on their way out of Pittsburgh in 1984 when they happened to be awful enough at just the right time to receive the gift of Mario Lemieux. That Stanley Cup team with him, Jagr, Coffey and Francis - 4 first ballot, front of the line HOFers - was the most star studded lineup since Edmonton had Mark Messier on the second line.

Then, well after Mario moves from the ice to the owner's box, the team seems destined to leave Pittsburgh once again. Then, lo and behold, Crosby and Malkin in back to back drafts, at the same time as the CBA is redone to limit the money that they have to pay them.

As a 20 year old, this guy is poised to lead his team to the cup. Whether or not they actually win it all this year is almost irrelevant. The fact is that the fans of the team will get to watch this guy play every night. Watch him go from talented teen to probably one of the greatest in history.

There really isn't an equivalent in football because no one player can dominate the game the way it can be done in hockey or basketball, but imagine having Bulls season's ticket the year they draft Jordan, and not giving them up until after he retired.

Pens fans are in for a very special experience. Most Leaf fans in this city would give their left nut to be in that position here. Then again, these days most Leaf fans would give their first born just to see the playoffs again.
    Are the Leafs the Browns of the NHL? I follow hockey but don't know too much about Toronto's history. Weren't they pretty good back in the day...kind of like the Browns during pre-NFL years? If they are, I hope their fans aren't as dillusional and think they are Stanley Cup Champs every year in July...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    I was just pulling you leg. They are called the Wranglers and I have been to a couple of games at the Orleans. Not a bad place to watch a game. The arena is kind of small which is nice because no matter where you are you are right there in the action.
    Well, you're goin' down.........
    Thats ok,LVG should be used to it.................................awwwww,BURN!!!! !

That sig really bought out the alter ego in Les.

LasVegasGuy

I was just pulling you leg. They are called the Wranglers and I have been to a couple of games at the Orleans. Not a bad place to watch a game. The arena is kind of small which is nice because no matter where you are you are right there in the action.

Dude, your not even from Cincy you are Northern Kentucky. People from Cincy make fun of the people from Northern Kentucky.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude, your not even from Cincy you are Northern Kentucky. People from Cincy make fun of the people from Northern Kentucky.
    You're actually not far off... It's (the river) sort of like a "battle line"....

...And you're right, I really don't care other than the fact that I do like to "stir the pot"...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Thats ok,LVG should be used to it.................................awwwww,BURN!!!! !

That sig really bought out the alter ego in Les.
    Hey,at least my alter ego isn't queerbait.....................or is it????

LasVegasGuy

You're actually not far off... It's (the river) sort of like a "battle line"....

...And you're right, I really don't care other than the fact that I do like to "stir the pot"...

Don't mess with those Cincy folks those are some tough dudes across the river.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude.... That's my neighbor.......................................... ...............

LasVegasGuy

Dude.... That's my neighbor.......................................... ...............

The one on the bike or the one on the guy on the bike?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..... No, that's "dinner"..........

LasVegasGuy

..... No, that's "dinner"..........

Perfect... Your neighbor is bringing dinner.