Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: List your best/worst experience at a game...

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: List your best/worst experience at a game...

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Fla, it seems that when luck or regulations turn against you, it's the rednecks that are doing the bad....

....As one living in Kentucky (not born here, just stuck here), I make a plea to you to not hate the redneck.... Whether he be tossing you off the field where you shouldn't be, or driving the limo, and squashing the dream-plan that never materialized..... He, in general, is a person, and is being unfairly persecuted by you for your misgivings.....
    What about the rednecks who mistreated me?
    You deserved it... :P

Pappy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fla, it seems that when luck or regulations turn against you, it's the rednecks that are doing the bad....

....As one living in Kentucky (not born here, just stuck here), I make a plea to you to not hate the redneck.... Whether he be tossing you off the field where you shouldn't be, or driving the limo, and squashing the dream-plan that never materialized..... He, in general, is a person, and is being unfairly persecuted by you for your misgivings.....
    Some rednecks are cool, but there is a large subgroup of them which are part of an even larger collection of scumbags and idiots who breed like cockroaches and drag down any social progress our species attempts to make. I've always been under the impression that your state was infested with hillbillies and not necessarily rednecks. I don't have too much of a problem with hillbillies, despite their obvious lack of contribution to our collective development. They are mostly good folk who keep the breeding within the family and thus don't contaminate gene pool of the general population. Now maybe this is my perception, but don't most of those mountain people stay in the mountains? They don't draw on welfare or commit crimes...or has meth changed all of that?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Some rednecks are cool, but there is a large subgroup of them which are part of an even larger collection of scumbags and idiots who breed like cockroaches and drag down any social progress our species attempts to make. I've always been under the impression that your state was infested with hillbillies and not necessarily rednecks. I don't have too much of a problem with hillbillies, despite their obvious lack of contribution to our collective development. They are mostly good folk who keep the breeding within the family and thus don't contaminate gene pool of the general population. Now maybe this is my perception, but don't most of those mountain people stay in the mountains? They don't draw on welfare or commit crimes...or has meth changed all of that?
    So are you biased against sheep as well......................... j/k

LasVegasGuy

My best game was the 2004 divisional playoffs against the Jets. I was sitting in the closed endzone when Doug Brien not only missed one field goal but two in less then 2 minutes. I thought for sure we were dead in that game and how we came away with a win after all the mistakes still amazes me.

My worst game was last year on Monday night against the Dolphins. I mean can it in rain any harder? I ended up watching the game on the jumbotron because the rain and wind in the upper deck was unbearable. And to make matters worse I took my brother-in-law and wifes nephew to their first NFL game. They live in Indiana and are Colts fans. Now that I think about it maybe it wasn't the worst game I have ever been too .

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    So are you biased against sheep as well......................... j/k
    The sheep are just innocent victims. There is no bias...only pity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My best experience was last year's MNF game when we demolished the Ravens. Kids got to meet Rod Woodson & Carnell Lake. I literally got sloshed with Dwight White and got to walk around with a Superbowl XL ring from the Head of Security for the Steelers. Just one heck of a weekend well worth the $$$. My Dad came along and took care of my boys while me and my other boys (best friends) got sloshed Sat night, all Day Sunday, and Monday night!

My wost experience was the same game. I had a solid buzz going on as well as a few others around me. Each time the Steelers had a big play we were going nuts! Terrible Towels, slamming our beers, high fives, the whole bit. Sounds like a blast right? Typical for a Steelers fan right? NOPE had some yuppie bastards behind me telling me to sit down because they couldn't see the game! Man I was pissed but didn't say a word and tried to comply. After the 1st half I broke them off a bit in a professional manner. I told them I'm paying for 4 rooms for 3 days at the Hilton, plane tickets for 5 from California, and $565/ticket for 5 to sit at the 50 yard line 25 or so rows up so I have every right to enjoy my team just like everyone else. They just stared at me, my friends gave me a cheers and I slammed my beer. What pissed me off even more is that these wuss wads left in the 4th quarter when they felt cold. Why do a$$ clowns like this even go to games???

That's about it for me.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Best: 2002 stains game at home. Kordell got benched and in came TM to save the day. I thing Kemo blocked a game winning field goal with his head, we got a game winning field goal blocked, but recovered and then kicked the game winner. There was a Tommy chant all the way out of the stadium.

Worst: Again, the stains. This time in Cleveland around sometime early 90's (possibly the 50something - 0 route in '89?). My whole family, including my grandma who was in her 70's at the time, got beer thrown on us. Those people are idiots.

costanza, we had the same thing happen at last years seasparrows game. Only time we got up was situations which required it, yet some douche behind us was complaining. Those aren't real fans.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Great thread, NKy!

Best - Preseason game against the Jets at Heinz (2001 or 2002?). Sure, it was a meaningless game that I think we actually lost. But it was my first trip to Pittsburgh and I'll never forget it. Being in Pittsburgh, among my B&G brothers and sisters was an incredible feeling. And walking into Heinz Field was like a religious experience for me. I'll never forget it.

Worst - Also a Jets game. This time at Giants Stadium. This was the game when Kordell got his starting job back from Graham. (God I'm so thankful we have Ben ). Anyway, nothing directly happend to me and my wife, but there were so many fights it was getting ridiculous. A really bad fight just around the bend from us resulted in a fan being thrown down to the lower level and being severely injured. Just nuts. This past season wasn't too bad. The Nation basically took over Giants Stadium. It really made me proud. Unfortunately we lost so they got the last laugh

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is a cool topic:

My best: I think it would have to be my first game in the Burgh. It was 9-29-96 against the Oilers (wish they were still here, I still hate them). I just remember the boys jumping out to a big early lead and cruising the rest of the way, but I think the best part of the day was when Shayne Edge (who doesn't remember that name, lol) got into a fist fight with Blaine Bishop and kicked the **** out of him. It was great watching so no name punter beating up what was suppose to be one of the toughest Oilers on the team. I think the best feeling was when I acutally saw the gold end zones for the first time. I had waited my whole life to be in that position, it still gives me chills.

My worst: Losing to the Browns in '99. I was sitting in the end zone where P Dawson made that kick and I was so upset. I could not believe that we lost to a team that we had beat 43-0 just seven weeks earlier. What a terrible feeling! Not only that but I have to work in the frickin city so I had to hear about it all stinkin year. I think I kind of tried to black some of this stuff out but I do remember chargin the tunnel or above it there at old Three Rivers and calling Kordell every name in the book b/c I had to go back to Cleveland and listen to all that crap. It was a terrible day, got even worse when I had to make the 2 hour track back to Akron with a buzz (Dumba$$).

One other cool memory was from the Colts game on '02 on MNF, I just remember walkin into the hall around 8:30 and all that you could hear was the reverberating sounds of Steelers fans chanting....here we go Steelers, here we go.....that was flippin awesome.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it's great to see what sort of escapades many of us get into........