Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Taylor Is Done In Miami.

Hall of Famer

Jason Taylor Is Done In Miami.

From the Miami Herald....

Posted on Wed, May. 21, 2008
    Dolphins-Taylor standoff escalates
    By DAVID J. NEAL

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said Wednesday that defensive end Jason Taylor will not attend any of the team's minicamps, organized team activities (OTA) or training camp.

Sparano then said he wouldn't answer any questions about Taylor, a six-time Pro Bowl selection and arguably the best defensive player in Dolphins history.

''What I know is that Jason Taylor . . . is not going to be at any OTAs,'' Sparano said. ``I know that Jason is not going to be at any minicamps. And I know that, right now, Jason is not going to be at training camp.

``That's what we know. Jason is a player under contract with the Miami Dolphins. He knows that. Both parties are well aware of the information. That's all I'm going to say about it.''

That the Dolphins don't expect Taylor at July's training camp all but declares an expectation that the relationship that began when the Dolphins drafted Taylor out of Akron in the 1997 draft's third round is over. The Dolphins had talked to teams interested in trading for Taylor in this year's draft but didn't get an offer they felt good about taking.

In previous media sessions, Sparano had maintained an unruffled demeanor when discussing Taylor's spring-long participation on ABC's Dancing With the Stars, which is taped in Los Angeles. The show's season ended Tuesday night with Taylor finishing second to former world figure skating champion Kristi Yamaguchi, but Taylor didn't return to South Florida for Wednesday's OTA activities. Instead, he took the red eye from Los Angeles to New York, where he danced on Good Morning America and appeared on Live With Regis and Kelly.

Taylor already had declared via ESPN-connected blog earlier this week that he wouldn't be at this weekend's minicamp. Wednesday, several teammates said they weren't bothered by the absence of a team leader and the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

''For me, it doesn't matter because I know what Jason can do,'' linebacker Joey Porter said. ``His résumé speaks for itself. I've been looking at him on TV, it looks like he's in shape, so I'm not worried about it at all.''

LasVegasGuy

Re: Jason Taylor Is Done In Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    From the Miami Herald....

Posted on Wed, May. 21, 2008
    Dolphins-Taylor standoff escalates
    By DAVID J. NEAL

Miami Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said Wednesday that defensive end Jason Taylor will not attend any of the team's minicamps, organized team activities (OTA) or training camp.

Sparano then said he wouldn't answer any questions about Taylor, a six-time Pro Bowl selection and arguably the best defensive player in Dolphins history.

''What I know is that Jason Taylor . . . is not going to be at any OTAs,'' Sparano said. ``I know that Jason is not going to be at any minicamps. And I know that, right now, Jason is not going to be at training camp.

``That's what we know. Jason is a player under contract with the Miami Dolphins. He knows that. Both parties are well aware of the information. That's all I'm going to say about it.''

That the Dolphins don't expect Taylor at July's training camp all but declares an expectation that the relationship that began when the Dolphins drafted Taylor out of Akron in the 1997 draft's third round is over. The Dolphins had talked to teams interested in trading for Taylor in this year's draft but didn't get an offer they felt good about taking.

In previous media sessions, Sparano had maintained an unruffled demeanor when discussing Taylor's spring-long participation on ABC's Dancing With the Stars, which is taped in Los Angeles. The show's season ended Tuesday night with Taylor finishing second to former world figure skating champion Kristi Yamaguchi, but Taylor didn't return to South Florida for Wednesday's OTA activities. Instead, he took the red eye from Los Angeles to New York, where he danced on Good Morning America and appeared on Live With Regis and Kelly.

Taylor already had declared via ESPN-connected blog earlier this week that he wouldn't be at this weekend's minicamp. Wednesday, several teammates said they weren't bothered by the absence of a team leader and the 2006 NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

''For me, it doesn't matter because I know what Jason can do,'' linebacker Joey Porter said. ``His résumé speaks for itself. I've been looking at him on TV, it looks like he's in shape, so I'm not worried about it at all.''

Jason is forgetting that the Tuna is at the helm. That guy will cut you for missing a block. And as for Peezy he better shut his pie hole. I don't see him earning his contract in Miami and he could be shown the door as well if he starts pissing people off.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Jason is forgetting that the Tuna is at the helm. That guy will cut you for missing a block. And as for Peezy he better shut his pie hole. I don't see him earning his contract in Miami and he could be shown the door as well if he starts pissing people off.
    I think the "Tuna" is the problem.... Apparently, from what I had heard somewhere, they had a team meeting where Taylor came in, and Parcells flat out ignored him... No "hello Jason", no "hi pretty dance boy", no nothing... I think that the relationship between the two may be the crux of the issue.

LasVegasGuy

I think the "Tuna" is the problem.... Apparently, from what I had heard somewhere, they had a team meeting where Taylor came in, and Parcells flat out ignored him... No "hello Jason", no "hi pretty dance boy", no nothing... I think that the relationship between the two may be the crux of the issue.

We all remember the remark he made to Terry Glenn as a "she". Or Terrell Owens as the player. I like the Tuna he doesn't let these guys ego's control the locker room. No matter what your contract says or your stats on the field he demands respect. This team was 1-15 with Jason and they can certainly be 1-15 without him.

Hall of Famer

We all remember the remark he made to Terry Glenn as a "she". Or Terrell Owens as the player. I like the Tuna he doesn't let these guys ego's control the locker room. No matter what your contract says or your stats on the field he demands respect. This team was 1-15 with Jason and they can certainly be 1-15 without him.
    You know, I have liked the Tuna as well... I didn't have any issue with the "she" comment, and I certainally loved the annimosity with TO... But maybe this is going a bit far... From what I have heard, Taylor has done nothing to antagonize anyone, and was simply on the tv show... Maybe Parcells should start to distance himself from the players on the field to the extent he can.... I think Taylor is an exceptional player and have seen zero evidence that he deserves such treatment... Sure Parcells is "old school", but at some point, that is going to become a detriment.

LasVegasGuy

You know, I have liked the Tuna as well... I didn't have any issue with the "she" comment, and I certainally loved the annimosity with TO... But maybe this is going a bit far... From what I have heard, Taylor has done nothing to antagonize anyone, and was simply on the tv show... Maybe Parcells should start to distance himself from the players on the field to the extent he can.... I think Taylor is an exceptional player and have seen zero evidence that he deserves such treatment... Sure Parcells is "old school", but at some point, that is going to become a detriment.
    I bet Jason is a stand up guy but this is Bill's way of making an example of someone and who better then to pick on the leader of the pack. This is Bill's M.O. This is how he gets the other neanderthals in line.

Hall of Famer

I bet Jason is a stand up guy but this is Bill's way of making an example of someone and who better then to pick on the leader of the pack. This is Bill's M.O. This is how he gets the other neanderthals in line.
    .... If so, I disagree with it... Sooner or later it will back-fire.

No time like the present.I absolutely without a doubt cannot stand the Dolphins and couldn't be happier to see them crumble!!

LasVegasGuy

You would think but he produces winners in a short amount of time. What really makes him an a$$ is the way he leaves when things are starting to turn around like he did with the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Cowboys.

Okay, lets say JT can help the Steelers.

What would you be willing to give up to sign JT figuring he's got about 2-3 years left in the tank?

Would he put the Steelers over the top and make them Super Bowl contenders?

Where would he play? DE or OLB

If DE, can he actually hold up as a DE in a 3-4 defense?

If OLB, then is he a backup? Harrison/Woodley

Or, does he beat out Woodly or Harrison?

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll