Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Celebrity look alike - sorta

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Watching the local news last night I realized that NY's new governor, David Paterson looks like he could be the offspring of Rod Woodson and a teddy bear...




  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    I thought he also looked like David Palmer (former president on 24)

    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    I thought he also looked like David Palmer (former president on 24)

    He was also Pedro Cerrano from Major League...

    "I say ____ you jobu.... I do it myself"

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    I thought he also looked like David Palmer (former president on 24)

    True story...

    I came to bed the other night and my wife had on Turner Classic Movies. "The Defiant Ones" was on, staring Sidney Poitier and Tony Curtis. She turns to me and said, "That's Sidney Poitier? I thought he did Allstate commercials." I looked at her like she was insane. I asked, "The Dennis Haysbert Allstate commercials?" She wanted to know who Dennis Haysbert was, since she had never heard the name before. I mentioned the president from 24 and Pedro Serrano from Major League. She thought about it, and say "Yeah, I guess he is that guy."

    Long story short: My wife thought Jobu was Sidney Poitier.


    Difference maker in the middle needed to replace Shazier.

    Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

    Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

    1.15 Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'0" 225
    2.60 Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204

  5. #5
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

    Long story short: My wife thought Jobu was Sidney Poitier.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

    Long story short: My wife thought Jobu was Sidney Poitier.

    Poitier would've turned that role into an academy award. Can you imagine him doing Cerrano? Ha. Sounds like an SNL skit...kinda like Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by shiek2134
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

    Long story short: My wife thought Jobu was Sidney Poitier.

    Poitier would've turned that role into an academy award. Can you imagine him doing Cerrano? Ha. Sounds like an SNL skit...kinda like Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham.
    I LOVED Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham!

    I was being somewhat facetious when I said that she thought Poitier played Cerrano. She never made the connection that President Palmer was played by the same guy that played Pedro Cerrano. In her defense, Haybert probably looks and sounds more like Poitier in those Allstate ads than he looked and sounded when he was bald and shirtless and using Roger Dorn's golf club head covers as "hats for bats."


    Difference maker in the middle needed to replace Shazier.

    Offer picks 1.28 & 3.92 plus WR Martavis Bryant to ARZ for pick 1.15. They only have 5 draft picks now, plus their WR's are undersized (John Brown & J.J. Nelson both 5'10") or old (Larry Fitzgerald 35 y.o.).

    Gets us ahead of BAL at 1.16, who's looking to replace the retired ILB Zach Orr.

    1.15 Georgia ILB Roquan Smith 6'0" 225
    2.60 Stanford FS Justin Reid 6'1" 204

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by shiek2134
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

    Long story short: My wife thought Jobu was Sidney Poitier.

    Poitier would've turned that role into an academy award. Can you imagine him doing Cerrano? Ha. Sounds like an SNL skit...kinda like Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham.
    I LOVED Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham!

    I was being somewhat facetious when I said that she thought Poitier played Cerrano. She never made the connection that President Palmer was played by the same guy that played Pedro Cerrano. In her defense, Haybert probably looks and sounds more like Poitier in those Allstate ads than he looked and sounded when he was bald and shirtless and using Roger Dorn's golf club head covers as "hats for bats."

    Geez i love that movie soooo much. I just want once to get in somebody's face here at work and say:

    "Is very bad, to steal jobu's rum... <take a step closer> is very bad"

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Back when I used to go to bars with my brothers, one our favorite toasts were:

    "UP YOUR BUTT, JOBU!"

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Celebrity look alike - sorta

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Back when I used to go to bars with my brothers, one our favorite toasts were:

    "UP YOUR BUTT, JOBU!"
    When we're at the beach having some beers/rum drinks or whatever. If someone gets up, and you need a more drinkage... simply shout "Hey bartender! Jobu needs a refill!"

    I've been meaning to get a wiffle ball bat to throw at whoever says it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •