Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FYI...Matt Ryan signs with Atlanta...

Legend

User Info Menu

FYI...Matt Ryan signs with Atlanta...

72 million with 34.7 guaranteed money. He was guaranteed the same amount as a 3 time playoff quarterback and 1 time Super Bowl winning quarterback. Tell me again: How many games has he played in the NFL?

Of course, I can't blame him for garnering as big a payday as he can, I mean, after all, it's still the Atlanta Falcons.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

LasVegasGuy

Re: FYI...Matt Ryan signs with Atlanta...

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    72 million with 34.7 guaranteed money. He was guaranteed the same amount as a 3 time playoff quarterback and 1 time Super Bowl winning quarterback. Tell me again: How many games has he played in the NFL?

Of course, I can't blame him for garnering as big a payday as he can, I mean, after all, it's still the Atlanta Falcons.

Pappy

How can a veteran not be pissed at that guaranteed money. He got about 28 million dollars less the Ben and he hasn't played a down yet nor does he have a super bowl ring. The owners really need a rookie cap.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Pappy

How can a veteran not be pissed at that guaranteed money. He got about 28 million dollars less the Ben and he hasn't played a down yet nor does he have a super bowl ring. The owners really need a rookie cap.
    Actually he only got about $1.3 million less than Ben since the guaranteed amount is what really counts. It's effing ridiculous!

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Pappy

Actually he only got about $1.3 million less than Ben since the guaranteed amount is what really counts. It's effing ridiculous!
    That makes it even worse. These owners have lost their flippin' minds. I can't wait to see what Rashaard squeezes out of us. I'm thinking about 10 million guaranteed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Pappy

That makes it even worse. These owners have lost their flippin' minds. I can't wait to see what Rashaard squeezes out of us. I'm thinking about 10 million guaranteed.
    Mendenhall will be a bargain at 10 million guaranteed. The owners are their own worst enemies. They absolutely can't control themselves. I think Atlanta panicked, since, MV is in the clinker and won't be back anytime soon. Spending that kind of money on a quarterback is very risky. Unless, he's Dan Marino (he isn't) it's difficult to make a bad team good, but, a bad team can make a good quarterback bad.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    Mendenhall will be a bargain at 10 million guaranteed.
    Mendenhall might not get much more than $10 mil TOTAL... after the first pick signs, they're pretty much slotted at a little less....

Timmons was 1.15 last year and signed a 5 year, $15 mil total contrat.

I know, you may argue that RBs may try to get a little more... Marshawn Lynch signed was 1.12 overall and got $19 mil total, with $10 mil guaranteed...

@ 1.23, We can expect Mendenhalls contract to be 5 years, between $12 and $15 mil total with roughly $8 mil in guarantees.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappy
    Mendenhall will be a bargain at 10 million guaranteed.
    Mendenhall might not get much more than $10 mil TOTAL... after the first pick signs, they're pretty much slotted at a little less....

Timmons was 1.15 last year and signed a 5 year, $15 mil total contrat.

I know, you may argue that RBs may try to get a little more... Marshawn Lynch signed was 1.12 overall and got $19 mil total, with $10 mil guaranteed...

@ 1.23, We can expect Mendenhalls contract to be 5 years, between $12 and $15 mil total with roughly $8 mil in guarantees.
    Then the Steelers really hit the jackpot in this year's draft. Arguably the two best players at their position at 1.23 and then 2.53. Sign them to 5 year deals and lets play football.

Pappy

7.178 -
    7.195 -

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully, the signing start happening at a rapid pace now that Ryan has started it off. Get them signed and in camp.

There is a need for a rookie pay scale. I think whenever the next contract gets signed the owners will insist and the players will accept because the players don't care about rookies coming in after they already have their contracts.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i cant believe ryan got so much money. its getting crazy. i love matt ryan, but getting drafted by the falcons and signing a huge deal has bust written all over him. now he is cursed