View Poll Results: How do you feel about SteelersFeverForums?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • They suck.

1 4.35%
  • They suck dick.

1 4.35%
  • They suck big donkey dicks.

5 21.74%
  • Ric... why do you hate America so much?

6 26.09%
  • The train leaving Chicago arrives first.

0 0%
  • All of the above.

10 43.48%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about SteelersFever now?

Backup

User Info Menu

How do you feel about SteelersFever now?

I noticed that my fellow refugees from Steelersfever.com have all been posting on their migration in the Steelers forum, when clearly they should be showing PlanetSteelers a tad more respect and posting in the Whatever Else There Is in the World Besides the Steelers sub-forum.

Anyhow, the new (or is it old?) owner of SteelersFever - Matthew - finally logged on and posted the following:
    Hello,
    Yes Steelers Fever is introducing paid membership system. At this time this is mistake from Developers. They implemented system for testing without informing me.
    They need 24 hours to test system that is why all folks get this problem. Apologize for inconvenience. I request to all of users to cooperate with us.

Paid membership is not too much expensive. Its in rang of users. For your convenience we also added different packages, so you can choose that is good and according to your needs.

Steeler Fever is good community just help it to grow. As you all know we need support of our members, as this community is because of you and for you. As soon as we tested system successfully I will notify to folks about future plan. At this time I just want to request you for cooperation.

Thanks
    Many AT&T Customer Service, Apu and all-syrup Squishee jokes followed. I normally frown on that sort of behavior... but this time I think it's safe to say they had it coming.

Many thanks to PlanetSteelers for welcoming us, and for agreeing to waive my $45 entrance fee.
    [url=http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/]Why does God hate amputees?[/url]
    http://ia310802.us.archive.org/3/ite...aqimage005.gif

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: How do you feel about SteelersFever now?

"They suck bad word"?

This forum is going to take some getting used to, I can see.
    [url=http://whydoesgodhateamputees.com/]Why does God hate amputees?[/url]
    http://ia310802.us.archive.org/3/ite...aqimage005.gif

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ricardisimo
    I noticed that my fellow refugees from Steelersfever.com have all been posting on their migration in the Steelers forum, when clearly they should be showing PlanetSteelers a tad more respect and posting in the Whatever Else There Is in the World Besides the Steelers sub-forum.
    Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. But this isn't a normal circumstance. With so many new members flooding Planet Steelers at once, I'm sure the existing members are curious about what's going on. The Steelers section is the most-read section of any Steelers forum, so we entered in a place that was most-likely to be seen. We didn't want to sneak in the backdoor. And we've kept it to a few threads rather than each former SF member creating their own thread.

The Planet Steelers community so far has been very understanding of our situation. And I don't think we've done anything to disrespect them or their wonderful forum.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7648/newwallacesig.gif

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108
    Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. But this isn't a normal circumstance. With so many new members flooding Planet Steelers at once, I'm sure the existing members are curious about what's going on. The Steelers section is the most-read section of any Steelers forum, so we entered in a place that was most-likely to be seen. We didn't want to sneak in the backdoor. And we've kept it to a few threads rather than each former SF member creating their own thread.

The Planet Steelers community so far has been very gracious and understanding of our situation. And I don't think we've done anything to disrespect them or their wonderful forum.
    Yeah.. but you have to remember, this is just another day on a forum board for them. So it is probably best if we don't clutter up the boards here, post in wrong forums, and generally make it feel more like an infestation than a joining.

You're right though, they have been quite gracious. It'd be good for SF refugees to kinda self police for a while... just until we get the hang of this board and add too instead of disrupting it. Remember how we felt when others would come and do that at SF?

MasterOfPuppets

i'm sure the rules here are probably pretty much the same as they were at SF so it shouldn't be a problem conforming to the board. if you don't know the rules and if its not defined in the COC, i'm sure a moderator or a veteran poster would be happy to answer a question.

silver & black

Do the good folks here at Planet Steelers have room for a Raiders fan?

I see this is where most of you that I know from SF have gone. I'll just lay low and get a feeling for this place before I dive in... if I'm welcome here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"They suck bad word"?

The funniest is reading articles with "Bad Word Lebeau".

Personally, I liked the word filter at the old triblive better - it was "Wickerbasket" Lebeau.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    "They suck bad word"?

The funniest is reading articles with "Bad Word Lebeau".

Personally, I liked the word filter at the old triblive better - it was "Wickerbasket" Lebeau.
    That and jelly beans cracked me up everytime.

For the SF folks, it's fairly lax since most everyone is good natured around here. How long were yinz on the SF site? Sounds like some folks had a lot of posts over there similar to the old trib board.

venom

Just wanted to say hello..................HELLO !!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black
    Do the good folks here at Planet Steelers have room for a Raiders fan?

I see this is where most of you that I know from SF have gone. I'll just lay low and get a feeling for this place before I dive in... if I'm welcome here.
    Some fans of other teams can be real bastages that only want to start trouble. They don't last.

However, we have a few fans of other teams that are good guys that want to come here and just talk football like rational fans, and they are always welcome (such as Bengal fan Jom112 and Chiefs fan HardlinerKC). As long as you belong to the latter category and not the former, you likely have found a new home to post. Welcome!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.