Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

  1. #1

    Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Six NFL teams unlikely to make playoff returns in ‘08

    By Mike Florio - SportingNews 5 hours, 58 minutes ago




    1. Pittsburgh Steelers

    This year, expectations are high again—especially with the Bengals imploding, the Ravens rebuilding, and the Browns generally regarded as overrated. In other words, the stage is set for the Steelers to fail.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=s ... &type=lgns

    The Bungles are imploding, the Ravens are rebuilding, the Stains are overrated and the Steelers are set to fail. Florio someone has to make the playoffs.

  2. #2

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Our season does hinge on the performance of the o-line.

    I have been drinking the "o-line is better than we think" kool-aid since the draft.
    There wasn't an o-lieman available in the 1st, we were lucky to get Mendy and Sweed where we did and I just choose to look at the glass as half full.

    I know the Bummer Bobs and Debbie Downers see it differently but I choose to believe we will go 11-5 and be SB contenders this year.
    BnB Mock 2015
    1. Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut
    2. Nate Orchard, DE/OLB, Utah
    3. Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
    4. Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss
    5. Lorenzo Mauldin, DE/OLB, Louisville
    6. Matt Jones, RB, Florida
    6. Darren Waller, WR/TE, Georgia Tech
    7. Adam Shead, G, Oklahoma


    Another AS masterpiece.

  3. #3
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by anothersteelerfan
    Six NFL teams unlikely to make playoff returns in ‘08

    By Mike Florio - SportingNews 5 hours, 58 minutes ago




    1. Pittsburgh Steelers

    This year, expectations are high again—especially with the Bengals imploding, the Ravens rebuilding, and the Browns generally regarded as overrated. In other words, the stage is set for the Steelers to fail.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=s ... &type=lgns

    The Bungles are imploding, the Ravens are rebuilding, the Stains are overrated and the Steelers are set to fail. Florio someone has to make the playoffs.

    Sounds like a lot of "Douchebaggery" to me. He does realize someone has to win the division, right?

    Bungles implounding, Ravens rebuilding, Browns overrated, Steelers to fail. Well, Einstein reporter who wins the North?

  4. #4

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Ummm,shouldn't we make the playoffs by default?Remember the division we play in.

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    I have been saying all along...The Steelers will win the division if they have a better record against the Bungles and Ravens than the Browns do. Simple as that.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  6. #6

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by anothersteelerfan
    Six NFL teams unlikely to make playoff returns in ‘08

    By Mike Florio - SportingNews 5 hours, 58 minutes ago




    1. Pittsburgh Steelers

    This year, expectations are high again—especially with the Bengals imploding, the Ravens rebuilding, and the Browns generally regarded as overrated. In other words, the stage is set for the Steelers to fail.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=s ... &type=lgns

    The Bungles are imploding, the Ravens are rebuilding, the Stains are overrated and the Steelers are set to fail. Florio someone has to make the playoffs.

    Sounds like a lot of "Douchebaggery" to me. He does realize someone has to win the division, right?

    Bungles implounding, Ravens rebuilding, Browns overrated, Steelers to fail. Well, Einstein reporter who wins the North?
    I read that part and kind of missed what else he had to say, because that's all I could think of, you do realize someone has to win the division, right?

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Iron Shiek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Splash Play City, OH
    Posts
    3,680

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Unless there's an expansion team in Columbus called the Buckeyes that the league forgot to tell everyone about, I'm pretty sure that Steelers win the division, leading this Florio genius to retire hopefully for lack of common sense.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

  8. #8
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,589

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by shiek2134
    Unless there's an expansion team in Columbus called the Buckeyes that the league forgot to tell everyone about, I'm pretty sure that Steelers win the division, leading this Florio genius to retire hopefully for lack of common sense.
    I seriously believe the Buckeyes could beat the Ravens this season.
    1.25 CB Eli Apple-DB-tOSU
    2.58 SS Vonn Bell-DB tOSU
    3.89 DT Javon Hargrave-SC State
    4.123 DE-Matt Judon-Grand Valley State
    6.220 RB-Tyler Erwin-San Jose State
    7.229 WR Geronimo Allison-Ilinois
    7.246 QB-Cody Kessler-USC

  9. #9
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by shiek2134
    Unless there's an expansion team in Columbus called the Buckeyes that the league forgot to tell everyone about, I'm pretty sure that Steelers win the division, leading this Florio genius to retire hopefully for lack of common sense.
    I seriously believe the Buckeyes could beat the Ravens this season.

    I hate to say it by I am more worried about the Ravens then I am the Browns. For some reason those pesky Ravens are just that pesky. As for the Browns they will continue to be our bee-atch and as long as they have Anderson and Crennell they aren't going anywhere fast.

  10. #10
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    8,528

    Re: Steelers aren't making the playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by shiek2134
    Unless there's an expansion team in Columbus called the Buckeyes that the league forgot to tell everyone about, I'm pretty sure that Steelers win the division, leading this Florio genius to retire hopefully for lack of common sense.
    I seriously believe the Buckeyes could beat the Ravens this season.
    You need to come out of your man cave and get some fresh air. :P

    Pappy


    1.25) Artie Burns - CB, Miami (Mackensie Aleander)
    2.58 ) Sean Davis - S/CB, Maryland (Deion Jones)
    3.89) Javon Hargrave - DT, S. Carolina St. (Nick Vannett)
    4.123) Jerald Hawkins - OT, LSU (Deandre Houston-Carson)
    6.220) Travis Feeny - OLB, Wash (Darius Jackson)
    7.227) Demarcus Ayers - WR, Hou (Graham Glasgow)
    7.246) Tyler Matakevich - OLB, Temple (Travis Feeney)


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •