Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82

Thread: Favorite Music

  1. #21

    Re: Favorite Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I bought a rap mix tape looking for the Super Bowl shuffle.
    This has nothing to do with anything. But I remember the exact moment they played that song on the radio for the last time. My mom was backing out of my grandmas driveway and the DJ came on telling everyone to get out the tape recorders because it was the last time they were going to play it.

    I threw a fit because my mom wouldn't stop the car and let me go back inside to record it.

    20 some years later and it's on my computer... so take that mom.
    That's the kind of ish people have to talk about in therapy.
    This is my therapy.



    BTW, listening to Run DMC - Rock Box right now and jamming.
    King of Rock is their best rap.Bar none!!!

  2. #22

    Re: Favorite Music

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I really like it all but grew up on rap. I have seen snoop, dre, onyx, boss, and run dmc in concert. I don't know... the whole rap culture really intrigued me growing up. As I have gotten older...I still enjoy rap but I have gotten into country recently.

    Sounds I like:

    1) Biggie
    2) Pac
    3) Eminem
    4) Metallica
    5) Linkin Park
    6) Nas
    7) Garth Brooks
    8] Stained
    9) Dave Matthews Band
    10) Lionel Ritchie
    interesting list... how does Lionel Richie get on it? Everybody 90's or later.
    In 1981, when I was 8 y/o I discovered music. Shortly after I bought 3 tapes, Steve Miller Band (abracadabra), Survivor (eye of the tiger), and Lionel Ritchie (Hello, Penny Lover). Of those 3, I continued to appreciate Lionel well into my adult years. His greatest hits CD is awesome. The rest of the 80's was horrid...well except for 1985 when I discovered rap. I bought a rap mix tape looking for the Super Bowl shuffle. I found it but it also had 2 songs on it by Slick Rick. I was like It was on from there...public enemy, run dmc, beastie boys and then the group that changed the way I thought about rap...NWA.
    The COOLEST thing about it is that I guessed that from that crew you had to be 3 or 4 years younger than me (37, soon to be 3.

    I'm with you, kid... Nice list... as I age, my list gets wider...

    ON a side note, I recently proved to my 15-year old daughter that with rap, it actually doesn't matter what you say... that a cool beat could actually make a hit.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ljwMvR-2M
    Mock 3.0
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vandy
    3. Ed Stinson, DE, Alabama
    4. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
    5. Zachariah Kerr, NT, Delaware
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    6. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
    6a Greg Blair, ILB, Cincinnati
    7. Kaleb Ramsey, DE, Boston College

    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #23
    Major Bludd
    Guest

    Re: Favorite Music

    I like Killswitch Engage, All that Remains, Shadows Fall, CKY, and any thing that doesn't suck. Which isn't a whole lot.

  4. #24

    Re: Favorite Music

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I really like it all but grew up on rap. I have seen snoop, dre, onyx, boss, and run dmc in concert. I don't know... the whole rap culture really intrigued me growing up. As I have gotten older...I still enjoy rap but I have gotten into country recently.

    Sounds I like:

    1) Biggie
    2) Pac
    3) Eminem
    4) Metallica
    5) Linkin Park
    6) Nas
    7) Garth Brooks
    8] Stained
    9) Dave Matthews Band
    10) Lionel Ritchie
    interesting list... how does Lionel Richie get on it? Everybody 90's or later.
    In 1981, when I was 8 y/o I discovered music. Shortly after I bought 3 tapes, Steve Miller Band (abracadabra), Survivor (eye of the tiger), and Lionel Ritchie (Hello, Penny Lover). Of those 3, I continued to appreciate Lionel well into my adult years. His greatest hits CD is awesome. The rest of the 80's was horrid...well except for 1985 when I discovered rap. I bought a rap mix tape looking for the Super Bowl shuffle. I found it but it also had 2 songs on it by Slick Rick. I was like It was on from there...public enemy, run dmc, beastie boys and then the group that changed the way I thought about rap...NWA.
    The COOLEST thing about it is that I guessed that from that crew you had to be 3 or 4 years younger than me (37, soon to be 3.

    I'm with you, kid... Nice list... as I age, my list gets wider...

    ON a side note, I recently proved to my 15-year old daughter that with rap, it actually doesn't matter what you say... that a cool beat could actually make a hit.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ljwMvR-2M
    Yep I'm 34. I totally agree about the beat being the foundation. Wu Tang made terrific music and I rarely had any idea what they were talking about. But, I do like lyrics alot. My favorite pure writer would be Nas. But his best stuff you can't find on you tube but these are nice. The first link...unreal lyrics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSlx...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sly1z...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4m2H...eature=related

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Favorite Music

    No one likes David Cook, the new American Idol winner?!..............

  6. #26

    Re: Favorite Music

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    No one likes David Cook, the new American Idol winner?!..............
    There's a rumor going around that all of the votes that Cook received to push him over the top came from a single home in Florence,Kentucky.

  7. #27
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    6,821

    Re: Favorite Music

    In no particular order...

    Eric Clapton (all bands, Derek & the dominoes, Blind Faith, Cream and solo - The Yardbords were okay)
    Traffic
    Bobby McFerrin
    Green Day
    Crash Test Dummies
    Jimmy Buffet
    Pink Floyd
    Nickelback
    Led Zeppelin
    Grateful Dead
    Johnny Cash
    David Gilmour (solo)
    Red Hot chili Peppers
    Finger Eleven
    3 Doors down
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Chicago
    The Beach Boys
    Prince and the Revolution
    Guns 'N Roses
    CSNY
    The Allman Brothers
    Warren Zevon

    These are the ones that come to mind right away...I'm sure there are others

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #28
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    RIDICULOUS COMPETITOR, OH
    Posts
    686

    Re: Favorite Music

    top 10 in no particular order:
    1. kanye west
    2. jay-z
    3. r.kelly
    4. 2 pac/biggie (package deal they're both tight)
    5. boyz II men
    6. chamillionaire
    7. talib kweli
    8. musiq soulchild
    9. t-pain
    10. 80's r&b (jermaine stewart, the whispers, etc)
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

  9. #29
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,785

    Re: Favorite Music

    The Rolling Stones

    Come on, you gotta give some props to a band that has been able to transcend five decades...the 60's, 70s, 80s, 90s and now the 2000s. The most amazing thing probably of all is that Keith Richards is still alive.

  10. #30
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Favorite Music

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    The Rolling Stones

    Come on, you gotta give some props to a band that has been able to transcend five decades...the 60's, 70s, 80s, 90s and now the 2000s. The most amazing thing probably of all is that Keith Richards is still alive.
    ...That's because someone substituted formaldehyde for his heroin....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •