Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

[quote=Les 74]
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":gkbgpc3v
    How about a Madden 09 360 online tournament? We can track wins losses on the site and play repeatedly through the season. Thoughts?
    Sorry,bro,but I'm still stuck in the PS2 Age.
    Sweet looks like I won my first match based on a no show! You should check out a 360 they're pretty sweet. I know the Gamestops now carry refurbished ones...with 1 year gaurantees. I just got one in the kid's playroom.
    A couple of months ago,I had the choice of getting a big screen TV or a PS3.Guess which one I went with. [/quote:gkbgpc3v]

I got my PS3 when Sony was offering a deal at Best Buy a while back that if you bought a certain Sony Bravia big screen TV, you could get the 80 gig PS3 (which was normally something like $600) for $200, plus you got 5 Blu-Ray movies and one racing game for free. My in-laws were in the market for a big screen TV at the time, so she convinced her mother to buy that one, then surprised me and the kids with the discounted PS3. She rules (even if she thinks that Poitier was Jobu...sorry wrong thread. ).

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by "Les 74":k4rzjva4
    How about a Madden 09 360 online tournament? We can track wins losses on the site and play repeatedly through the season. Thoughts?
    Sorry,bro,but I'm still stuck in the PS2 Age.
    Sweet looks like I won my first match based on a no show! You should check out a 360 they're pretty sweet. I know the Gamestops now carry refurbished ones...with 1 year gaurantees. I just got one in the kid's playroom.
    A couple of months ago,I had the choice of getting a big screen TV or a PS3.Guess which one I went with.
    I got my PS3 when Sony was offering a deal at Best Buy a while back that if you bought a certain Sony Bravia big screen TV, you could get the 80 gig PS3 (which was normally something like $600) for $200, plus you got 5 Blu-Ray movies and one racing game for free. My in-laws were in the market for a big screen TV at the time, so she convinced her mother to buy that one, then surprised me and the kids with the discounted PS3. She rules (even if she thinks that Poitier was Jobu...sorry wrong thread. ).[/quote:k4rzjva4]

RB,if your wife ever dumps you,would you mind if I had a shot at her??? j/k

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I got my PS3 when Sony was offering a deal at Best Buy a while back that if you bought a certain Sony Bravia big screen TV, you could get the 80 gig PS3 (which was normally something like $600) for $200, plus you got 5 Blu-Ray movies and one racing game for free. My in-laws were in the market for a big screen TV at the time, so she convinced her mother to buy that one, then surprised me and the kids with the discounted PS3. She rules (even if she thinks that Poitier was Jobu...sorry wrong thread. ).
    RB,if your wife ever dumps you,would you mind if I had a shot at her??? j/k
    She is a fan of the horror movies. Ummm...perhaps I shouldn't have told you that. D'Oh!

Hall of Famer

Just got back in town, and I must say that all the sig pics you guys are sporting look fantastic....

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Just got back in town, and I must say that all the sig pics you guys are sporting look fantastic....

A.S. has been working his magic. I feel bad for the guy because he may never get a break. He should have titled the thread to the first 50 new members............

Then he has a loop-hole if he needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I like the survivor idea, but that technically end in two or three weeks. I think we should do a season long pick'em...with or without point spreads.
    Usually survivor pools just start over again if they end before the middle of the season.
    Yep... any idea if Yahoo manages one of those? :P

If not... I'd be willing to manage it... i think...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!
    Team Needs, 2015 Draft (In order of need): CB, NT, OLB, FS, DE

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I like the survivor idea, but that technically end in two or three weeks. I think we should do a season long pick'em...with or without point spreads.
    Usually survivor pools just start over again if they end before the middle of the season.
    Yep... any idea if Yahoo manages one of those? :P

If not... I'd be willing to manage it... i think...
    I do believe so, yes.

Please tell me that we are going to still do the look alikes from the opposing teams each week? That one killed me!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Please tell me that we are going to still do the look alikes from the opposing teams each week? That one killed me!

I think MJG will take care of the Photoshop contests, I (and with the help of stlrz'd) will do the simple pool I highlighted earlier, some have talked about a Madden contest... I think once camp starts I'll start a thread setting in stone which games we will play this upcoming season... name them and have various members throw their hat in the ring, to see which one will spearhead which contest. I think collectively we'll have a ton of variety and a ton of fun this season.