Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I like the survivor idea as well.

I have also been kicking the following around... let me know what you guys think:

It would be great to have a contest where we try to pick the most exciting game of the week at the beginning of each season. Kind of what Monday Night Football has to do. We could score the contest based on the closeness of the score, or whether a player had 3 or more touchdowns, etc. Criteria that make the game exciting. I was thinking of a working title: Monday Night Football Director.

What do you guys think?
    This is Lonbull's "Monday Night Executive Contest" as far as I can tell. We need to recruit Lonbull over to PlanetSteeler.

Pappy

I was hoping SOMEONE would get my joke. You caught the reference but I don't think you thought I was being tongue in cheek
    I got you, but, I came back to the thread too late... I'm going, "that's LB's contest... is he not coming over or something... surely MJG knows that... oh, he's being a smartass."
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I like the survivor idea, but that technically end in two or three weeks. I think we should do a season long pick'em...with or without point spreads.
    Let's do both.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If people are interested, I'll take on the responsibility of doing the year long picking contest that I highlighted earlier..... and since Les was in favor of it also, I nominate him to be my wingman for this one. To review the rules:

Every week, I'll post that week's schedule (16 contests per, except when byes start).

Participants will post their picks for the week no later than say Saturday noon, so Les and I have time to tabulate picks. (no later than Wed. when Thurs. games are in play)

Participants will also submit a cumulative from both teams in the event of a tie. Closest to the score wins bragging rights for the week.

Every week I'll post the results of that week and a cumulative tally of the season's up to date results.

At the end of the season, we total things up and announce a winner.... probable PLAYA award yielded.

This contest is very basic... no over/unders, no point spread, no point system.... wins are tabulated and that's it. I think that this one, everybody can play. The only thing is I have to come up with a name.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    I like the survivor idea as well.

I have also been kicking the following around... let me know what you guys think:

It would be great to have a contest where we try to pick the most exciting game of the week at the beginning of each season. Kind of what Monday Night Football has to do. We could score the contest based on the closeness of the score, or whether a player had 3 or more touchdowns, etc. Criteria that make the game exciting. I was thinking of a working title: Monday Night Football Director.

What do you guys think?
    This is Lonbull's "Monday Night Executive Contest" as far as I can tell. We need to recruit Lonbull over to PlanetSteeler.

Pappy

I was hoping SOMEONE would get my joke. You caught the reference but I don't think you thought I was being tongue in cheek
    I got you, but, I came back to the thread too late... I'm going, "that's LB's contest... is he not coming over or something... surely MJG knows that... oh, he's being a smartass."
    Darn. I blew it again. I was going to join this board and make a fresh start. As a serious actor. But I slipped into my jester ways again. Now I am branded.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    If people are interested, I'll take on the responsibility of doing the year long picking contest that I highlighted earlier..... and since Les was in favor of it also, I nominate him to be my wingman for this one. To review the rules:

Every week, I'll post that week's schedule (16 contests per, except when byes start).

Participants will post their picks for the week no later than say Saturday noon, so Les and I have time to tabulate picks. (no later than Wed. when Thurs. games are in play)

Participants will also submit a cumulative from both teams in the event of a tie. Closest to the score wins bragging rights for the week.

Every week I'll post the results of that week and a cumulative tally of the season's up to date results.

At the end of the season, we total things up and announce a winner.... probable PLAYA award yielded.

This contest is very basic... no over/unders, no point spread, no point system.... wins are tabulated and that's it. I think that this one, everybody can play. The only thing is I have to come up with a name.
    I'm in on this one for sure and MJG's brand new game that's never been done before (not even at the Trib :P ) where we try to pick the best games of the week for excitement purposes to match wits with the witless wonders at Monday Night Football.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Participants will also submit a cumulative Monday Night Football score (from both teams) in the event of a tie. Closest to the score wins bragging rights for the week.

Edited... now it makes sense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Participants will also submit a cumulative Monday Night Football score (from both teams) in the event of a tie. Closest to the score wins bragging rights for the week.

Dude, why not make it easy on yourself? Set up a private league in Yahoo then post the name and password here so everyone interested can register? I've been in one run by a friend of mine for years now and it's simple.

Another cool feature for those already in one...with the click of a mouse picks can be transferred from one group to the next. Meaning I can make my picks in my buddy's league and with one click send them into AS' league as well.

Do it!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I like the survivor idea, but that technically end in two or three weeks. I think we should do a season long pick'em...with or without point spreads.
    Usually survivor pools just start over again if they end before the middle of the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Dude, why not make it easy on yourself? Set up a private league in Yahoo then post the name and password here so everyone interested can register? I've been in one run by a friend of mine for years now and it's simple.

Another cool feature for those already in one...with the click of a mouse picks can be transferred from one group to the next. Meaning I can make my picks in my buddy's league and with one click send them into AS' league as well.

Do it!!!
    That's a great idea, we can just post results here in a topic to talk trash. It will save you a lot of time AS.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Do it!!!
    That's a great idea, we can just post results here in a topic to talk trash. It will save you a lot of time AS.
    It's also quicker for making picks. No typing picks or editing a cut and paste of the schedule. Click next to your picks, type in your MNF score click submit and be done with it. Yahoo will even send you a reminder email to make your picks every week.