Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

Starter

Re: Contest Ideas for upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    SoD, I really like that survivor contest. That's super easy to put together also.
    SMG I've been in these before... they are a LOT of fun. Pretty brutal for the first few weeks though as you don't really know anything about any of the teams....

And you always wind up saving a team to bail you out... but that's dangerous because you can wind up getting punted because you took a risk...

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Simple contest:

We have members just select all the winning teams for each week

Also delineate a total score for Monday Night (this settles a tie breaker)

Winner is determined by the most collective wins.

Feedback?
    I like the sound of that.Not too hard for newbs to understand.Sign me up.
    I second that...sounds good.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

How about this? “You have a mat, and it’s got some conclusions written on it, and you back up next to the mat, and think about a question, and then you jump to a conclusion. Right there on the mat, you jump to a conclusion…”

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    How about this? “You have a mat, and it’s got some conclusions written on it, and you back up next to the mat, and think about a question, and then you jump to a conclusion. Right there on the mat, you jump to a conclusion…”

Great movie!!!

Michael Bolton is a no talent asz clown!!!

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1

I hope I don't "loose a turn." That could be panefull!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

I like the survivor idea, but that technically end in two or three weeks. I think we should do a season long pick'em...with or without point spreads.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

no doubt I knew you would get it.
    "I told those fudge packers that I liked Michael Bolton's music."

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    I like the survivor idea as well.

I have also been kicking the following around... let me know what you guys think:

It would be great to have a contest where we try to pick the most exciting game of the week at the beginning of each season. Kind of what Monday Night Football has to do. We could score the contest based on the closeness of the score, or whether a player had 3 or more touchdowns, etc. Criteria that make the game exciting. I was thinking of a working title: Monday Night Football Director.

What do you guys think?
    This is Lonbull's "Monday Night Executive Contest" as far as I can tell. We need to recruit Lonbull over to PlanetSteeler.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

I have also been kicking the following around... let me know what you guys think:

It would be great to have a contest where we try to pick the most exciting game of the week at the beginning of each season. Kind of what Monday Night Football has to do. We could score the contest based on the closeness of the score, or whether a player had 3 or more touchdowns, etc. Criteria that make the game exciting. I was thinking of a working title: Monday Night Football Director.

What do you guys think?
    This is Lonbull's "Monday Night Executive Contest" as far as I can tell. We need to recruit Lonbull over to PlanetSteeler.

Pappy

I was hoping SOMEONE would get my joke. You caught the reference but I don't think you thought I was being tongue in cheek
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

What do you guys think?

Pappy

I was hoping SOMEONE would get my joke. You caught the reference but I don't think you thought I was being tongue in cheek
    I think you must have been too subtle,MJG!!