Legend

User Info Menu

Re: With Apologies to AsianSteel and his sigs

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    at the risk of getting flamed . . .

Code of conduct
    "Material that contains vulgar, obscene or indecent language or images."

Yet, they are still on here
    Everyone's idea of vulgar, obscene or indecent are different. I think most men
    can handle the site of a clothed woman with big breasts...but who knows that
    might be obscene to some people. To those people I suggest turning off their
    ability to see the sigs.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Both the sigs that LVG and Calm have, show nothing exposed. I don't think that seeing the female form in all its beauty can be characterized as either obscene or vulgar. I think J, has been extremely proactive with the site and if the material or content that I've produced has merited a removal, he would have done so... and I wouldn't be at all offended. Just my take. I think that MJG's original intent with this thread was to let other individuals know how to filter the site so that things can be viewed at work (where internet viewing is more constrained) without repercussions.

Starter

User Info Menu

Code of conduct

Vulgar, obscene or indecent are the wrong words...

Inspiring, invogorating or motivational are the proper discriptive words for said sigs.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s

Code of conduct

Inspiring, invogorating or motivational are the proper discriptive words for said sigs.

Between football team preference, music taste and female appreciation... I'm starting to wonder if we weren't separated at birth.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Both the sigs that LVG and Calm have, show nothing exposed. I don't think that seeing the female form in all its beauty can be characterized as either obscene or vulgar. I think J, has been extremely proactive with the site and if the material or content that I've produced has merited a removal, he would have done so... and I wouldn't be at all offended. Just my take. I think that MJG's original intent with this thread was to let other individuals know how to filter the site so that things can be viewed at work (where internet viewing is more constrained) without repercussions.
    Correct. Sigs are sigs and are people's expression. I just need to be discrete in certain circumstances. So I found a work around.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s

Code of conduct

Between football team preference, music taste and female appreciation... I'm starting to wonder if we weren't separated at birth.

Yea but why did you get all the writing and photoshop skills??

Another AS masterpiece.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

fair enough. I wasn't trying to out anyone or anything, just pointing out what I felt to be an inconsistency in the Code of conduct. That being said, to say the big breated woman isn't vulger because she is clothed ain't gonna cut it at work, so I guess I have to go the route of turning off the sigs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

fair enough. I wasn't trying to out anyone or anything, just pointing out what I felt to be an inconsistency in the Code of conduct. That being said, to say the big breated woman isn't vulger because she is clothed ain't gonna cut it at work, so I guess I have to go the route of turning off the sigs.

PP, I didn't feel you were me out. You gave your perspective and I gave mine. I will leave this up to the owner and moderator of the board, Jhansle. He's been very forthright with all concerns that have been voiced, and also proactive. Like some have noted, with varied perspectives you'll have varied opinions and interpretations. Please never hesitate or apologize for voicing them here, not only with this issue but all issues. Thanks for the input.

LasVegasGuy

PP, I didn't feel you were me out. You gave your perspective and I gave mine. I will leave this up to the owner and moderator of the board, Jhansle. He's been very forthright with all concerns that have been voiced, and also proactive. Like some have noted, with varied perspectives you'll have varied opinions and interpretations. Please never hesitate or apologize for voicing them here, not only with this issue but all issues. Thanks for the input.

Would this be more acceptable? Cartoons are funny .

Legend

User Info Menu

If we didn't have the option to turn off the sigs...I would think it could be a bigger issue. Since we can...problem solved. PP I certainly understand...I have had the same
    problem in the past.
    Trolls are people too.