Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No isht sherlock...stains related...

No isht sherlock...stains related...

Derek Anderson has reportedly been impressive at Browns OTAs.

GM Phil Savage says Donte' Stallworth has been working out with Anderson for a few weeks and the duo showed chemistry on the practice field. Brady Quinn has also worked with Stallworth and reportedly "looked solid" at the voluntary sessions. Quinn was reported to have struggled at OTAs last year.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
    Wait, Phil Savage says this and it supposedly is news. Rotoworld.com actually ran this blurb. I go there for quick hitter info but will probably not anymore. What the heck do they expect the GM that signed these guys to say!

I don't expect anything from DA this year. He is going to be made to look silly just like he did at the end of last season.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

Re: No isht sherlock...stains related...

Everything the Browns do will be reported as great because they are the over-hype team of this off season just like the Saints were last year. Look at what happened to the Saints last year and you see the Browns of this season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Yeah I get what you're saying. They are the media darlings. But that's not news. Why even run that kind of story in a newspaper. I guess to get everyone hyped about the team. Ha, setting them up for a big disappointment though.

We'll see where that chemistry is when Donte Stallworth's alien alter ego or whatever it was rears its ugly head and he starts looking at himself on the jumbotron to make sure his jersey is tucked in.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

They run it because it has been so long since the Browns have had anything to report they run with everything. They got some attention last year and their FO is being smart and trying to keep themselves in the limelight. Problem is that light isn't as desireable when you are proven to be the pretenders you are like they will this upcoming season.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Breaking News........................The Browns are still the Super Bowl champs of the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Breaking News........................The Browns are still the Super Bowl champs of the offseason.
    I'm sorry that's incorrect where I live. The Raiders have already won the next 3 superbowls...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by shiek2134
    Yeah I get what you're saying. They are the media darlings. But that's not news. Why even run that kind of story in a newspaper. I guess to get everyone hyped about the team. Ha, setting them up for a big disappointment though.

We'll see where that chemistry is when Donte Stallworth's alien alter ego or whatever it was rears its ugly head and he starts looking at himself on the jumbotron to make sure his jersey is tucked in.
    That was one of the funniest things I have ever read back when he was with the Patriots, and I am ashamed that I completely forgot about until now. How could you not make fun of the Browns for signing a WR who is certifiably insane?

Immediately after Mathis made the tackle, Stallworth pounded the ground and then started punching his legs as if they were defective.

Stallworth said that was punishment from his alter ego, Nicco, whom Stallworth has described as an extra terrestrial being that resides on Mars when the receiver is off the field.

"Yeah, that was him," Stallworth said. "That wasn't me."
    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...ORTS/801140364

Stallworth doesn't let Nicco do interviews. He's allowed to come out during games, but then, Stallworth says, Nicco is sent to Mars. "He only comes around during the game time," Stallworth said.
    http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/...372/-1/ARCHIVE

The media loves a rags to riches story. And there's no crappier rag than the stains of Cleveland. I hope we sweep them again this year. There's a bar I occasionally go to on Sundays here, and the whole upstairs is a stains lair. I can't wait for the first Steeler/Cleveland match-up. Last year's game in Cleveland, I visited this lair and got a lot of taunts but no back up. Why on earth would you ever cheer for the browns. I'd be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    The media loves a rags to riches story. And there's no crappier rag than the stains of Cleveland. I hope we sweep them again this year. There's a bar I occasionally go to on Sundays here, and the whole upstairs is a stains lair. I can't wait for the first Steeler/Cleveland match-up. Last year's game in Cleveland, I visited this lair and got a lot of taunts but no back up. Why on earth would you ever cheer for the browns. I'd be embarrassed.

What else do people in Cleveland have to cheer about?

Crappy city-check
    No tourist attractions-check
    Homeless people by the boatload-check

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    The media loves a rags to riches story. And there's no crappier rag than the stains of Cleveland.
    Thank you, Artist Formally Known as AA.

I'm going to use that quote many a times to fire back at the idiot stains fans.