Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT - Today's Catch

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: OT - Today's Catch

Jigga - Really? RC???

LVG - WI is the number one paper producing state in the US...pollution has been dumped into WI waterways for decades. It's sad really. You have to get pretty far up north to fish unpolluted waters.

Ruthless - That's what I was thinking.

Jigga - Really? RC???

:P

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Jigga - Really? RC???

LVG - WI is the number one paper producing state in the US...pollution has been dumped into WI waterways for decades. It's sad really. You have to get pretty far up north to fish unpolluted waters.

Jigga - Really? RC???

I'm not busting on you, I just found it funny that their was a guide to eating fish in Wisconsin. If it helps I have asked for all my bills to paperless. In about 40 years you and the fish are going to thank me .

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Jigga - Really? RC???

Jigga - Really? RC???

I'm not busting on you, I just found it funny that their was a guide to eating fish in Wisconsin. If it helps I have asked for all my bills to paperless. In about 40 years you and the fish are going to thank me .
    Oh I know you weren't. I was just pointing out why you see such a guide. Signs are posted near boat launches and other popular areas along polluted water ways.

What's scary is that WI has a very larger Hmong population and they spend a great deal of time fishing...they keep (and eat) everything they catch. No exceptions...kids...pregnant women...elderly...they all eat whatever comes out of those polluted waters.

LasVegasGuy

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3w59saeg
    Jigga - Really? RC???

Jigga - Really? RC???

Oh I know you weren't. I was just pointing out why you see such a guide. Signs are posted near boat launches and other popular areas along polluted water ways.

What's scary is that WI has a very larger Hmong population and they spend a great deal of time fishing...they keep (and eat) everything they catch. No exceptions...kids...pregnant women...elderly...they all eat whatever comes out of those polluted waters.[/quote:3w59saeg]

Have they done studies on this population as to the effects of eating the fish? If the kids are normal, birth defects are basically non exist and they have no other unexplainable diseases maybe they now something the rest of the population doesn't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Off the top of my head, I think the Hmongs have only been coming to WI since the 80s so there probably isn't much to go on yet.

But just as an example, the Fox River, which runs through Green Bay, is one of the most polluted waterways in the world. Plenty of poor/uneducated/minorities eating the fish out of them though despite all the warning signs.

LasVegasGuy

Off the top of my head, I think the Hmongs have only been coming to WI since the 80s so there probably isn't much to go on yet.

But just as an example, the Fox River, which runs through Green Bay, is one of the most polluted waterways in the world. Plenty of poor/uneducated/minorities eating the fish out of them though despite all the warning signs.

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I had no idea the waterways in Wisconsin were that polluted and the state was the #1 paper producer. Planet Steelers is not only fun but educational too.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Well no wonder you catch and release. j/k

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I had no idea the waterways in Wisconsin were that polluted and the state was the #1 paper producer. Planet Steelers is not only fun but educational too.
    Ain't it grand?

I even left out the bit about the Fox being a river that flows from south to north...there, you just learned something else!

Quote Originally Posted by anothersteelerfan

I know you're just kidding, but even in clean rivers and lakes I release bass. Occasionally I'll fish perch, crappies or bluegill if I want a meal, but I never eat bass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3b25fz1i

Ain't it grand?

I even left out the bit about the Fox being a river that flows from south to north...there, you just learned something else!

I know you're just kidding, but even in clean rivers and lakes I release bass. Occasionally I'll fish perch, crappies or bluegill if I want a meal, but I never eat bass.[/quote:3b25fz1i]

Walleye are some good eats. Just had some my brother caught this past weekend. Can't wait to get out myself soon.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1b1d2oho

Ain't it grand?

I know you're just kidding, but even in clean rivers and lakes I release bass. Occasionally I'll fish perch, crappies or bluegill if I want a meal, but I never eat bass.[/quote:1b1d2oho]
    I just can't agree with you on not eating bass, I grew up eating them. We actually eat more perch, brim and channel cat than anything, because other than my husband who loves to fish for large mouth, we usually fish for whatever is biting. My favorite fish to eat is perch though.
    We have limits on crappie as well, I believe it is 15/day.