Thread: Cleveland/Steelers replay on NFLN

LasVegasGuy

Cleveland/Steelers replay on NFLN

Watching that Josh Cribbs 100 yard return down the sidelines is downright embarassing. There were about 6 guys that needed to push him about a 1/2 yard for him to go out of bounds and they all missed. How in the world did Bob Ligashesky keep his job? I understand players have to make plays but they always seem to be out of position and are very lackadaisical on coverage.

I never remembered a time in all my life as a Steeler fan that I gringed everytime we have to kickoff or punt. This doesn't go back to just last year but about 10 or 12 years. Why in the world can't we fix our special teams?

Pro Bowler

Re: Cleveland/Steelers replay on NFLN

Me and armpit jr. were watching the replay as well. The only reason I was able to get through the game was because I knew we won

The special teams problem has been around a long time. Not sure why it can't be corrected. It would be nice to see more starters out there, but we all understand the risk involved with that.

I just watched that play and for the life of me can't figure out how something like that could happen. I hope our special teams is better this year, nothing takes the life out of a team like a big return or lack thereof.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Me and armpit jr. were watching the replay as well. The only reason I was able to get through the game was because I knew we won

The special teams problem has been around a long time. Not sure why it can't be corrected. It would be nice to see more starters out there, but we all understand the risk involved with that.

It's funny you say that. Even though I knew we won it really got me fired up that we can't correct this problem. I can't think off another team in the league so horrendous at special teams. Sometimes we scratch and claw to get back into games and then we let the air out of the tires by allowing a big, big return on either a punt or a kickoff.

Same thing in the Jax game. Since Arians was in a fog and decided he didn't want to take chances on offense he left the game on the heels of the special teams deep in our own end. We send the punt team out there and we get off a 30 yard kick. We all know how that one ended. I say since we can't correct the problem kick every ball out of bounds and let the other teams start at the 40.