Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,989

    Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Didn't this happen to Holmes??? I knew it was one of our recent first rounders.

    Could imped Flacco's first year progress -- a good thing.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3400945

    A long-standing agreement between the NFL and the NCAA will keep Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback Joe Flacco out of a four-day passing camp at the end of the month, The Baltimore Sun reported.

    The agreement limits a player to one minicamp with a pro team while his school is still in session. That means Flacco, who attended the Ravens' mandatory minicamp last weekend, can't rejoin the Ravens until after final exams end at Delaware on May 30 -- despite the fact Flacco has withdrawn from school.

    Flacco will practice at two passing camps in June before reporting to training camp in July, The Sun reported.

    "It doesn't help, but I don't know how much it will hurt," said Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, according to The Sun. "He's a very cerebral kid."

    Linta and the Ravens met Monday to discuss the framework of a five-year contract, and are expected to talk again by the end of next week, the newspaper reported.

    "They want the kid in, I want the kid in, and the kid wants the kid in," Linta said, according to the report. "I have this blue-collar belief: If you start now, you have a much better chance to finish this thing than if you start three days before training camp."
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  2. #2
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Didn't this happen to Holmes??? I knew it was one of our recent first rounders.

    Could imped Flacco's first year progress -- a good thing.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3400945

    A long-standing agreement between the NFL and the NCAA will keep Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback Joe Flacco out of a four-day passing camp at the end of the month, The Baltimore Sun reported.

    The agreement limits a player to one minicamp with a pro team while his school is still in session. That means Flacco, who attended the Ravens' mandatory minicamp last weekend, can't rejoin the Ravens until after final exams end at Delaware on May 30 -- despite the fact Flacco has withdrawn from school.

    Flacco will practice at two passing camps in June before reporting to training camp in July, The Sun reported.

    "It doesn't help, but I don't know how much it will hurt," said Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, according to The Sun. "He's a very cerebral kid."

    Linta and the Ravens met Monday to discuss the framework of a five-year contract, and are expected to talk again by the end of next week, the newspaper reported.

    "They want the kid in, I want the kid in, and the kid wants the kid in," Linta said, according to the report. "I have this blue-collar belief: If you start now, you have a much better chance to finish this thing than if you start three days before training camp."
    The kid is going to be good and that's going to make Ravens dangerous if their defense doesnt get old-age pension too much into the year!

  3. #3

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    I figured it was his choice out of protest of being drafted by the Rats.

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!!!
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Didn't this happen to Holmes??? I knew it was one of our recent first rounders.

    Could imped Flacco's first year progress -- a good thing.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3400945

    A long-standing agreement between the NFL and the NCAA will keep Baltimore Ravens rookie quarterback Joe Flacco out of a four-day passing camp at the end of the month, The Baltimore Sun reported.

    The agreement limits a player to one minicamp with a pro team while his school is still in session. That means Flacco, who attended the Ravens' mandatory minicamp last weekend, can't rejoin the Ravens until after final exams end at Delaware on May 30 -- despite the fact Flacco has withdrawn from school.

    Flacco will practice at two passing camps in June before reporting to training camp in July, The Sun reported.

    "It doesn't help, but I don't know how much it will hurt," said Flacco's agent, Joe Linta, according to The Sun. "He's a very cerebral kid."

    Linta and the Ravens met Monday to discuss the framework of a five-year contract, and are expected to talk again by the end of next week, the newspaper reported.

    "They want the kid in, I want the kid in, and the kid wants the kid in," Linta said, according to the report. "I have this blue-collar belief: If you start now, you have a much better chance to finish this thing than if you start three days before training camp."
    The kid is going to be good and that's going to make Ravens dangerous if their defense doesnt get old-age pension too much into the year!
    meh. I have read mixed reviews on him. Could have all the physical tools, but maybe a poor decision maker.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  5. #5
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    meh. I have read mixed reviews on him. Could have all the physical tools, but maybe a poor decision maker.
    Yeah...but we dont know b/c of his level of competition. He does have all the physical tools though!

  6. #6

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    meh. I have read mixed reviews on him. Could have all the physical tools, but maybe a poor decision maker.
    Yeah...but we dont know b/c of his level of competition. He does have all the physical tools though!

    Isn't this the same kid that couldn't cut it at PITT???

  7. #7
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    meh. I have read mixed reviews on him. Could have all the physical tools, but maybe a poor decision maker.
    Yeah...but we dont know b/c of his level of competition. He does have all the physical tools though!

    Isn't this the same kid that couldn't cut it at PITT???
    Actually Pitt favored him over Palko.

  8. #8

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Then why was he playing for Delaware???

  9. #9

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Flacco's agent describes him as "cerebral".

    Flacco's proves this by dropping out of college.

    Yep, sounds like a Raven to me.

  10. #10
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Flacco not in Ravens minicamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Flacco's agent describes him as "cerebral".

    Flacco's proves this by dropping out of college.

    Yep, sounds like a Raven to me.
    LOL!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •