Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange Off-Season For Starks

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Strange Off-Season For Starks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    FLA...i know you are THRILLED that I am here as I always challenge you to this type of stuff.

I think you should read my subsequent posts on this matter. I have said he could be an adequate RT but will never be able to be a LT b/c he's too slow and would/will be eaten ALIVE by rush ends.

Starks doesn't suck...but he's not a LT and as a RT I really dont think he's worth more than 4.5 million per year. But then again Kendall Simmons isnt worth 6 million either!
    I'm damn glad you're here brother...you bring a lot to the table, whether we always agree or not.

I think he could play LT with his wieght under control (which it is) but for now I do see him as a RT, especially if Marvel is back to full health. I would estimate that if a long-term deal gets done (and I do believe it will) that his cap hit next year will be around $5.5M. That could be lessened with a back-loaded deal, but I don't think it'll be skewed too much that way.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    FLA...i know you are THRILLED that I am here as I always challenge you to this type of stuff.

I think you should read my subsequent posts on this matter. I have said he could be an adequate RT but will never be able to be a LT b/c he's too slow and would/will be eaten ALIVE by rush ends.

Starks doesn't suck...but he's not a LT and as a RT I really dont think he's worth more than 4.5 million per year. But then again Kendall Simmons isnt worth 6 million either!
    I'm damn glad you're here brother...you bring a lot to the table, whether we always agree or not.

I think he could play LT with his wieght under control (which it is) but for now I do see him as a RT, especially if Marvel is back to full health. I would estimate that if a long-term deal gets done (and I do believe it will) that his cap hit next year will be around $5.5M. That could be lessened with a back-loaded deal, but I don't think it'll be skewed too much that way.
    I think that's too much first of all...and I dont think he could play LT b/c weight under control or not its not going to improve his feet and footwork.

BIG FAN

BigFan:

Its ok you dont see it happening but the proof is in the pudding...Simmons is soft and Starks is slow. At RT he might be able to be OK if he's pushed and pushes himself and DOESNT let himself get fat and out of shape again. But Starks will never EVER be a LT...at least one worthy of anything. But we'll have to see.
    Whao!
    You have misunderstood me Benny, I actually agree with your scenario.
    I was just trying to say I also agree with what you said earlier about keeping some of these guys. If you need to know my position, it is that I dont think either of them are that good to begin with, or anymore.
    BTW, House is o.k. but even SMG could save a patient from some obscure, nefarious disease if he he had four other doctors, no patient load, and a wry cynical attitude.
    I treat patients everyday, assessment is still the part of the pudding we prove.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    BigFan:

Its ok you dont see it happening but the proof is in the pudding...Simmons is soft and Starks is slow. At RT he might be able to be OK if he's pushed and pushes himself and DOESNT let himself get fat and out of shape again. But Starks will never EVER be a LT...at least one worthy of anything. But we'll have to see.
    Whao!
    You have misunderstood me Benny, I actually agree with your scenario.
    I was just trying to say I also agree with what you said earlier about keeping some of these guys. If you need to know my position, it is that I dont think either of them are that good to begin with, or anymore.
    BTW, House is o.k. but even SMG could save a patient from some obscure, nefarious disease if he he had four other doctors, no patient load, and a wry cynical attitude.
    I treat patients everyday, bad word is still the part of the pudding we prove.
    LOL!

Im going into either Neurology or Anesthesiology...you're a doctor too? Or have we already gone over this and I have missed it some how?!

And I still dont think that doctors could do what House does if it was real life. I mean for example...Erdheim Chester? Really?! I mean then again it has been diagnosed and the progression on the show wasn't even close to accurate...normally the multi-systemic problems take months not days/hours.

BIG FAN

I must mispell the word a sess ment to get this by?
    That was the bad word.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

I think he could play LT with his weight under control (which it is) but for now I do see him as a RT, especially if Marvel is back to full health. I would estimate that if a long-term deal gets done (and I do believe it will) that his cap hit next year will be around $5.5M. That could be lessened with a back-loaded deal, but I don't think it'll be skewed too much that way.
    I think that's too much first of all...and I dont think he could play LT b/c weight under control or not its not going to improve his feet and footwork.
    Just keep in mind the escalating cap each year and also that I am completely guessing as to what it would be. I have zero issues with that amount and a $1M difference between what you feel he's worth as a RT and that number really isn't a whole lot in the grand scheme of things...especially if he pans out like I believe he will.

His footwork and athleticism is more than adequate for the RT spot as long as he's cut the Twinkies out of his diet and I'm of the belief that it could be good enough for LT, but I can see where there is room for debate there.

We could debate this for a long time, but there's no way it will be answered one way or the other until this upcoming season is well under way.