Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daunting Schedule On Paper

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Daunting Schedule On Paper

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    ... If we don't come out of the gate roaring we are going to be in for a very, very, very long year.

While I would like to see a good start to the season, It is more important to play your best football in late November and December.

Say what you want about Cowher, but he understood this as well.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    Did somebody mention Cowher?!..... :P

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Did somebody mention Cowher?!..... :P

D@mn!!!I love that pic!!!

LasVegasGuy

... If we don't come out of the gate roaring we are going to be in for a very, very, very long year.

While I would like to see a good start to the season, It is more important to play your best football in late November and December.

You are coorect. However, a fast start tends to set the tempo for the rest of the year. If we stumble to 1-4 or something like that we are going to have a hard time making something of this season considering who we play down the stretch.

Backup

User Info Menu

Their are "flash in the pan" teams that were good one year and fizzled out the next (e.g. New Orlean Saints). But I think it's safe to say we are going to have our hands full with Dallas, Indy, Pats, Jax, Chargers, Eagles. These teams are always in the mix and I don't see much off a drop-off this year from last. As for Redskins, Titans, Giants, Ravens, Browns, Bengals it's a crap shoot.
    The Eagles don't scare me at all. But the other teams are challenging, yes, but unbeatable, no! Each team has a weakness, whether it is their secondary, OLine, or whatever. We just need to hope our coaching staff can find the weakness and attack it.
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Me too!...

...I was, and still am a supporter of what he did, but that pic is just funny!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Me too!...

...I was, and still am a supporter of what he did, but that pic is just funny!
    Wifey and I just laughed out loud. The expression on his face is priceless.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Their are "flash in the pan" teams that were good one year and fizzled out the next (e.g. New Orlean Saints). But I think it's safe to say we are going to have our hands full with Dallas, Indy, Pats, Jax, Chargers, Eagles. These teams are always in the mix and I don't see much off a drop-off this year from last. As for Redskins, Titans, Giants, Ravens, Browns, Bengals it's a crap shoot.
    The Eagles don't scare me at all. But the other teams are challenging, yes, but unbeatable, no! Each team has a weakness, whether it is their secondary, OLine, or whatever. We just need to hope our coaching staff can find the weakness and attack it.
    Arians.............ugh!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I see the schedule as a positive. We play the best, we become the best. That's all.
    Djfan, I agree. Teams/People tend to play to the level of their competition. This schedule will make us one tough team. I think we can win the division again and once we're in the playoffs we all know it's anyones game at that point. On the flip side the Cheatriots have the easiest schedule hopefully they can complete their conversion to full blown wussies by the time the playoffs start. I want revenge!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

And, I agree with you Cost. When you play soft teams and win you learn to win soft. Let's hope this is the year of bandwagon death in Beantown!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]