Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daunting Schedule On Paper

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Daunting Schedule On Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    And, I agree with you Cost. When you play soft teams and win you learn to win soft. Let's hope this is the year of bandwagon death in Beantown!

Yeah,somehow TB has managed to elude the "season ending injury" thus far.He can't escape it forever.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    And, I agree with you Cost. When you play soft teams and win you learn to win soft. Let's hope this is the year of bandwagon death in Beantown!

Yeah,somehow TB has managed to elude the "season ending injury" thus far.He can't escape it forever.

Season ending is a little extreme but it couldn't happen to a better guy if someone sent him to the bench for the year. Right now I would love to see him miss one or two games and show the Patriots faithful what there team is reallly going to look like without Brady one day. I predict they wouldn't win a game with Cassell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Right now I would love to see him miss one or two games and show the Patriots faithful what there team is reallly going to look like without Brady one day. I predict they wouldn't win a game with Cassell.
    ...As long as "one or two games" happens during the timeframe thar we have 'em on the schedule... .... I don't know about Cassell... He has been a pretty good back-up, and could probably get the job done to an extent (not like Brady, obviously...). Besides, he is a USC guy... :P

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Right now I would love to see him miss one or two games and show the Patriots faithful what there team is reallly going to look like without Brady one day. I predict they wouldn't win a game with Cassell.
    ...As long as "one or two games" happens during the timeframe thar we have 'em on the schedule... .... I don't know about Cassell... He has been a pretty good back-up, and could probably get the job done to an extent (not like Brady, obviously...). Besides, he is a USC guy... :P

Not going to happen. Mark it down and slam me later if he pulls off a "W". The Patriots don't win one game with Matt Cassell as QB. Remember Miami game last year where I believe his 2nd or 3rd pass was picked and returned for a touchdown. It was enough for B.B. to give him the hook with the game still well in hand.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not going to happen. Mark it down and slam me later if he pulls off a "W". The Patriots don't win one game with Matt Cassell as QB. Remember Miami game last year where I believe his 2nd or 3rd pass was picked and returned for a touchdown. It was enough for B.B. to give him the hook with the game still well in hand.
    You may be right, but he's a back-up, and has been there for a while. If he is completely inept, then BB would get rid of him.

BIG FAN

1. Screw the pats* no matter who the QB is.
    2. This schedule is just the tonic we need, this is the kind of **** that makes you want to come out loaded for bear. Difficult teams will show the measure of ours. When we play anybody they always seem for some reason or another to rise up and play their best against us, what is the diff. with this year. The only ways we really ever lose is when we let opponents dictate their off. and we decide to have massive brain farts with our own off. play calling. This sched. is a make or break thing, as I choose the optimistic route I'm all for it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    1. Screw the pats* no matter who the QB is.
    2. This schedule is just the tonic we need, this is the kind of bad word that makes you want to come out loaded for bear. Difficult teams will show the measure of ours. When we play anybody they always seem for some reason or another to rise up and play their best against us, what is the diff. with this year. The only ways we really ever lose is when we let opponents dictate their off. and we decide to have massive brain farts with our own off. play calling. This sched. is a make or break thing, as I choose the optimistic route I'm all for it.
    Agreed BF... Our back is up against the "proverbial wall".... I think we will do extremely well, and it will be a great ride... Sure, there will inevitably be "low points" along the way, but I like this route better....

BIG FAN

I would have it no other way big guy.
    The low points will surely come but this is really a true fans dream, your team playing the best of the league. And since we got them this year, we are in that caliber come to think of it.
    You dont get what we got by being soft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The low points will surely come but this is really a true fans dream, your team playing the best of the league. And since we got them this year, we are in that caliber come to think of it.
    We are definitely "in that caliber". Not to mention that the bragging rights will be "off the cuff"!!!!.... I have my doubts about the O-line, even with Hartwig, but if Ben finds the time to use his threats (new and old), it will be something to see.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now that's the voice of a true warrior. That's why I don't understand how some can gripe about the schedule. This is the best thing that could happen. The trials and tribulations that is the 2008 Steeler season. "LET's GET IT ON!"