Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Labeling Trolls

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Labeling Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    I've put this out in a couple of threads but there's been no response by jhansle or anyone else, so I thought I'd try one more time.
    Found my first TROLL,

Just joshin of course.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":cionukh9
    Why label? Ditch 'em as soon as they show their troll colors.
    Hey, where have you been? Nice to see you back, welcome!

Pappy
    Thanks! I got sick of all the crap over there and bailed. I even PMd the admin to have my account deleted (to show them my level of dissatisfaction with how they were running the joint). They didn't. I would check back once in awhile to see if things had gotten any better but they just got worse. Then I saw a thread about different boards and here I am...hoping this will be more of a well oiled machine.[/quote:cionukh9]

You should never, ever, let them win like that. But, glad you're here...Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

It only works if everyone resists the temptation to respond to the trolls and other idiots from the old board that will show up. Most of what they say is to get a response. Don't respond and they will leave or change their attitude.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigO
    It only works if everyone resists the temptation to respond to the trolls and other idiots from the old board that will show up. Most of what they say is to get a response. Don't respond and they will leave or change their attitude.
    The problem is that with a memberlist of 50+ and growing, someone is bound to strike back... Then the crap begins.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by BigO
    The problem is that with a memberlist of 50+ and growing, someone is bound to strike back... Then the crap begins.

Now that you mention it where is the "Ignore" button. Do we not have that priviledge over here?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Now that you mention it where is the "Ignore" button. Do we not have that priviledge over here?
    I don't think it's installed..... It's all willpower. Personally I like stlrz ds' idea... Just boot 'em if they turnout to be trolls.

LasVegasGuy

I don't think it's installed..... It's all willpower. Personally I like stlrz ds' idea... Just boot 'em if they turnout to be trolls.

We have to be careful here. I have had a difference of opinion with alot of guys and I'm sure they would have loved to label me a troll. We can't haphazardly start throwing the troll label around until someone truly deserves to be labeled one.
    If everyone had the same thought process then this board is going to become very boring, very fast.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Personally I don't think anyone should get the boot unless they are continually posting offensive or purposefully inciting material.

I also think the ignore button is a ridiculous tool. Why do you need to place someone on an ignore list like some kind of middle school girl? If you don't like what somebody is saying, can't you just ignore them on your own? It's nothing short of juvenile in my opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Personally I don't think anyone should get the boot unless they are continually posting offensive or purposefully inciting material.

I also think the ignore button is a ridiculous tool. Why do you need to place someone on an ignore list like some kind of middle school girl? If you don't like what somebody is saying, can't you just ignore them on your own? It's nothing short of juvenile in my opinion.

I used the ignore tool on 2 posters on Trib. I didn't find it very helpful. The key will be jhansles' ability to find quality moderators. I don't think he'll have the resources to do it all himself once the site starts evolving in membership numbers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure J has something ready for the trolls. We will get a few from the Trib and a few from SN...but I have no doubt that our owner/admin knows how to properly deal with them.
    Trolls are people too.