Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Labeling Trolls

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Labeling Trolls

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I used the ignore tool on 2 posters on Trib.
    I never used the "ignore" button. It provided more aggravation at times, but I still wanted to hear what everyone had to say.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I used the ignore tool on 2 posters on Trib.
    I never used the "ignore" button. It provided more aggravation at times, but I still wanted to hear what everyone had to say.
    I told a few that they were on ignore. But, I can't stand not being able to read what everyone is saying. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I told a few that they were on ignore. But, I can't stand not being able to read what everyone is saying. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.
    Same here... I said it, but never did it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had no issue with the two I put on ignore. I was just tired of hearing their respecitve banter. Eventually we'll have them here and that's fine. Back to the thread topic... I think that firing a PM to a moderator and letting them decide if a label is appropriate would be sufficient. When pfulton was at the Trib.... he was not only accessible but timely and wasn't shy about labelling the koooks their deserving monikers. My two yen.

Legend

User Info Menu

I had no issue with the two I put on ignore. I was just tired of hearing their respecitve banter. Eventually we'll have them here and that's fine. Back to the thread topic... I think that firing a PM to a moderator and letting them decide if a label is appropriate would be sufficient. When pfulton was at the Trib.... he was not only accessible but timely and wasn't shy about labelling the koooks their deserving monikers. My two yen.
    Well...per the mods...it's the same crew moderating for 6 years. I have a really hard time believing that...but thats what they PM'd me.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I think a troll vote is a great idea. This forum has a the ability to add polls to each thread too which is a VERY nice option. We could "tally" the votes that way.

I also think having a "sticky" dedicated thread identifying trolls would help as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    I think a troll vote is a great idea. This forum has a the ability to add polls to each thread too which is a VERY nice option. We could "tally" the votes that way.

I also think having a "sticky" dedicated thread identifying trolls would help as well.
    I like how you think...I don't mind an open debate about the trollitiude of a member.
    I first nominate AsianSteel.

Discuss.

Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

To just label some of them trolls would be enough to get some to fall in line. But, if we get the likes of harry n here i would recommend a banishment by ip address. He is just a turd.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

One request regarding "stickies"...please use them judiciously. Personally, it drives me crazy when there are more than 2 or 3.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like how you think...I don't mind an open debate about the trollitiude of a member.
    I first nominate AsianSteel.

Discuss.

...I will withold judgement till he makes my sig........ :P