Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pressure is on Big Ben

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Pressure is on Big Ben

The Pressure is on Big Ben

The Pittsburgh Steelers must have been excited about the way their draft went. In the first round the Steelers had Rashard Mendenhall fall in their laps and likewise for Limas Sweed in the second round, the "tall" wide receiver from Texas. Rashard Mendenhall's running style has been compared to Barry Foster's, and Sweed has been compared to another wide receiver from Texas, Roy Williams. For the Pittsburgh Steelers sake, let’s hope these rookies live up to their expectations.

The Steelers gave Ben Roethlisberger two additional weapons which gives the Steelers possibly the most dangerous and deepest offense in the NFL. Consider the weapons that Ben Roethlisberger now has at his disposal.

Wide Receivers
    1. Hines Ward
    2. Santonio Holmes
    3. Limas Sweed
    4. Nate Washington
    5. Dallas Baker

Tight Ends
    1. Heath Miller
    2. Matt Spaeth

Running Backs
    1. Willie Parker
    2. Rashard Mendenhall
    3. Gary Russel

Big Ben has been criticized over his decision making ability as well as his ability to process through his reads. Processing through his reads will on get more difficult with the addition of these weapons. I don't see defenses being able to match up very well, so they must pick their poison. It's on Big Ben, to find that poison and expose opposing defenses.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: The Pressure is on Big Ben

The prospects of the possible "arial threat" that we now have, in addition to the "one-two" punch of an equally impressive potential in the backfield has me quite excited for the season. I see all sorts of possibilities for this offense if (and a VERY BIG "IF") Arians can make it work... Yes Ben has had his issues over the first few years of his career, but I see that improving each and every season... What I DID NOT see last season was Arians adapting to the "ebb and flow" of the game. If this is achieved, we will definitely be a force to be reconed with.

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest thing that Ben needs to do is to get rid of the ball quicker. Everything would improve with that. He just needs to quit looking for big plays and take what the D gives him. If he does that the big plays will come.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigO
    The biggest thing that Ben needs to do is to get rid of the ball quicker. Everything would improve with that. He just needs to quit looking for big plays and take what the D gives him. If he does that the big plays will come.

I think that his comfort zone has now been augmented. A whole season under his belt under a coordinator that help him establish career numbers, and subsequently his first bid into the ProBowl. Now the FO has increased the depth in his arsenal and has the tools necessary to be successful at a very high level. I think his dilema with his release, will resolve itself because the plays executed will become more reflexive, since his comfort zone is now boosted. Couple that with an increase in reliable hands to throw to, and a ground attack that will punish a lot of defenses, he should flourish. Can't wait til camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben has proven he thrives under pressure.

Legend

User Info Menu

This O will be top 3 in the NFL. Our D will be improved with the health of Smith and Clark. Our pass rush will be better with Woodley starting.

This bodes well for the Steelers despite the tough schedule.

10-6
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    $ post. I get so damn frustrated when he pumps, pumps again, pumps again, then gets sacked. Of course, I also love him when he does the same thing, except replace sack with 'throws a TD pass.' IMO, with Ben, you're going to take some sacks, but you're also going to get some big plays that other QB's would never make because they already threw the ball away or dumped it off.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Ben has proven he thrives under pressure.
    Hey, look at me! :P

This was a complete and total accident...I accidentally clicked on page 93 of the forum (at the top right of the page) and saw this thread so took a peek inside out of curiosity.

Legend

User Info Menu

We win the "Big Ben way"which may cause ulcers but is always entertaining.

I think Ben may have ADD and needs unbelievable pressure to help him focus
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Funny that the original poster stated the pressure was on Ben due to having these new great weapons, lol
    Mendi out immediately, not blaming him for a broken whatever bone, just saying he wasn't helping.
    And Sweed may actually have attained the lofty goal of being another Tsip WRs. Roy Williams being shipped out of Detroit and many believing Dallas got taken for a ride with that deal. Losing a valuable no.1 and other picks. Please, let Sweed not equal Roy Williams.
    Dare I say that Sweed didn't help Ben either.
    Frankly, with Ward being hurt and merely a decoy, the OL being mediocre on a good day and Parker slightly helping, Ben and Holmes carried this team on their shoulders.

The good thing about this is Ben should have ZERO more pressure going forward about producing. He has done it. Anyone booing him in the future should be forced to watch every clip of football from today back to 1980.
    And then have their teeth kicked in. Yes, I'm saying Ben gets a pass from here on outside of beating a woman, driving way over the limit or boning your wife.
    So if someone on here is bitching about him, I'm assuming its because he's boning your wife.