Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Dixon

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dennis Dixon

Where and how do you see him fitting in the rotation. Randall El, was effective as a slash-type element in the offensive sets because he was regular in the passing game. I can't see Dixon being as effective. If he's inserted, I see him as bait to help spread the field. Clarification... by insertion I mean in a receiving position, not as QB. I'd like to see him be our #2 qb.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Dennis Dixon

I like the Dixon pick, but was actually suprised. Guess we just couldn't pass on the opportunity... Yea, he was good in college. So was Akili Smith.

...I really don't see him making it as the successor to Batch when he retires, but I do see him as a "Randle EL" type....

I know I will probably be heckled to death for this one, but I personally like Zabransky as the eventual back-up.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    I like the Dixon pick, but was actually suprised. Guess we just couldn't pass on the opportunity... Yea, he was good in college. So was Akili Smith.

...I really don't see him making it as the successor to Batch when he retires, but I do see him as a "Randle EL" type....

I know I will probably be heckled to death for this one, but I personally like Zabransky as the eventual back-up.....
    I got your heckle, right here, you blue turf QB, you!

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

LasVegasGuy

I see him as a Randle-El type player. I would love to see him used in a couple of trick plays out of the backfield. The guy can really sling the ball on the move.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers expected when they took him, that he will learn the QB position from Ben and Charlie, with hopes of being Ben's backup. But my gut is telling me, that he really won't be much of a QB in this league, and he will end up as a returner, or receiver getting the ball in space and using his speed and agility(not his arm) to make plays.

***But how great would it be if Dixon turns out to be a quality NFL signal caller, and the Steelers could possibly use him to acquire some future high round picks???
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigLebowski
    I think the Steelers expected when they took him, that he will learn the QB position from Ben and Charlie, with hopes of being Ben's backup.
    I'd love to see it, really I would.... But I don't. ... Like you, I think he'll end up as a returner/receiver...

...OH YEA, WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!.....

Starter

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers expected when they took him, that he will learn the QB position from Ben and Charlie, with hopes of being Ben's backup.
    I'd love to see it, really I would.... But I don't. ... Like you, I think he'll end up as a returner/receiver...

Exactly!!!At best,he'll become another Randle-El..........nothing more IMO.I still like the guy,though.

steeld95

does anyone know if he ever played anything other then qb? I would like to know if he has good hands. It would certainly help him get PT if he was a good pass catcher. That would enable us to have many uses for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    does anyone know if he ever played anything other then qb? I would like to know if he has good hands. It would certainly help him get PT if he was a good pass catcher. That would enable us to have many uses for him.
    He played baseball. I think he had a deal with either the Marlins or the Rays.... Beyond that, I don't know.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74

Exactly!!!At best,he'll become another Randle-El..........nothing more IMO.I still like the guy,though.

I'll have to agree with you and LVG.... I see him as a Randle El type player. I wouldn't want his athleticism to go to another squad. The guy has great vision, good lateral movements, has a cannon of an arm and NFL heighth.(SP- American Engrish Bery hard to spell)..... the only thing missing is the weight. Needs to bulk up.