Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why this board?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why this board?

Hi guys. Got vegasguy's PM over at triblive. Why are people jumping ship? Just curious.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Why this board?

SteelerNation1,

I think its a combination of a few things

1) Trolls at the other boards
    2) Negativity at the other boards
    3) Spam at other boards
    4) "Old" Message Board -- This forum has more functionality and is the latest and greatest (phpBB3) For example, the SteelersLive one is outdated (phpBB 2), and the Steelers.com one is horrific
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tired of the dysfunctional moderators and servers.

Tired of threads degrading to childish name-calling and posturing and getting off-topic, deviating from the original thread topic.

Tired of the troll infested threads at Triblive.

Tired of the LoD and the anti-steeler vibe that has crept into most of the board's general overall discussion format.

Love the look and feel of the this site...

Tired of the troll infested threads at Triblive.

Love the functionality of the user interface and the quick upload times.

1Steelers.com has a bunch of people from the Stillernation that very aggressive, and don't want to jump from the frying pan and into the fire.

... did I mention, I'm tired of the troll infested threads at Triblive. Welcome aboard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good question. I don't plan on leaving the Trib anytime soon unless
    I can get better football talk elsewhere. But, I have had alot of personal issues with the Trib recently.

1) First everything J just said.
    2) Lack of communication with mods.
    3) Technical issues with the Trib.

The place is slow and the mods won't even respond to concerns. The trolls run wild with names like Harry Nutczak...attacking other posters...no moderator intervention...but if someone dares to post a Legion of Doom post to slap the trolls on the hands...its taken down within 24 hours.

Personally, I would like to get this site to the point that I can leave the Trib without losing any good football talk.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I can get better football talk elsewhere. But, I have had alot of personal issues with the Trib recently.

The place is slow and the mods won't even respond to concerns. The trolls run wild with names like Harry Nutczak...attacking other posters...no moderator intervention...but if someone dares to post a Legion of Doom post to slap the trolls on the hands...its taken down within 24 hours.

Personally, I would like to get this site to the point that I can leave the Trib without losing any good football talk.
    Shawn,
    Thats what I'm worried about. The info there is great. I hope this becomes what the trib once was. I'm here if we can get more to join.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1

Shawn,
    Thats what I'm worried about. The info there is great. I hope this becomes what the trib once was. I'm here if we can get more to join.
    A lot of us are here already. Hopefully some of the other quality football minds over there will try this place out as well...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

And here I thought everyone left because of me.

Legend

User Info Menu

It will happen. I'm sure J will keep it troll free and I'm PMing people daily about planet steeler.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

By biggest "beef" with SteelersLive is how slow the message board is and how often the board crashes.

Several times I've experienced it taking several minutes to load a new post. Sometimes it will eventually post the new thread, or it will time out. Then, if you get impatient and click the submit button more than one while it's attempting to load your thread, it results in duplicate posts.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Every board is somewhat slow "content-wise" during the off-season. Hopefully this one will pick up, as others do, once we get into regular action... Yes, the info there was definitely great, and obviously I still post over there - for now, but I would like to find one place to call "home" once the season starts... I hope that some of the "great minds" (as Ruthless put it) will come this direction.