Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jhansle1: We're all wondering

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

jhansle1: We're all wondering

As most would agree, you have a kicka$$ site here but we need to understand the rules and show you some respect as you have to us by allowing us to be here. So with that being said:

-What is the code of conduct here?
    -Troll laws
    -Image posting
    -News articles
    -etc

Feel free to add on guys/gals
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: jhansle1: We're all wondering

That's a good start for now.... I'm sure more questions will come up.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

Can we do something with the quotes? Maybe just quote the post we are quoting and not the entire string.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Can we do something with the quotes? Maybe just quote the post we are quoting and not the entire string.
    I've already found out that you can only have a maximum of three quotes in your post, so that seems pretty reasonable to me. I think it's sometimes beneficial to see a brief history of the conversation if it's from a previous page.

As far as the troll idea, I posted this in another thread;

...I would say keep it open to the entire board and not exclude anyone not labeled with a "Troll" status.

Hey, can we do that to posters jhansle?

Five votes (or maybe a few more if you all decide) would get someone the troll tag much like they now currently do from the mods at the Trib board (or do they choose to identify themselves that way?). We would need to have concrete criteria for earning the tag and maybe a troll classification to distinguish between the various forms of trolls.

I'm sure most of y'all have seen this since there's not a lot of action here yet, but I like the idea and wanted to see if you guys were like-minded and maybe wanted to build on it.

Legend

User Info Menu

The whining, crying, extreme negativity and technical issues all combined to help me make the decision to say goodbye to the trib site for good. I'll miss those photoshop contests though.

Hopefully the same things won't happen here. If so...then I guess it'll be time to move on again.

This place looks pretty cool so far...I like it. Now how the hell do I set myself up with an avatar?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

I've already found out that you can only have a maximum of three quotes in your post, so that seems pretty reasonable to me. I think it's sometimes beneficial to see a brief history of the conversation if it's from a previous page.
    Also, the font on the previous posts gets progressively smaller, so the past quotes don't hog all the space. Nice feature.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    The whining, crying, extreme negativity and technical issues all combined to help me make the decision to say goodbye to the trib site for good. I'll miss those photoshop contests though.

Hopefully the same things won't happen here. If so...then I guess it'll be time to move on again.

This place looks pretty cool so far...I like it. Now how the hell do I set myself up with an avatar?
    Hey bro.... 'bout time you showed your mug of a face!.....
    ....There are a few ways. Just make sure that the image is within the parameters and use photobucket or imageshack, or a pic from your computer.... Update it in your profile within the "user control panel" on the toolbar.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey bro.... 'bout time you showed your mug of a face!.....
    ....There are a few ways. Just make sure that the image is within the parameters and use photobucket or imageshack, or a pic from your computer.... Update it in your profile within the "user control panel" on the toolbar.
    Thanks for the welcome.

I've been in the user control panel and I don't see anything about "avatar" anywhere within. I know all about the other stuff (photobucket, size of image, etc)...I just don't see where I can upload an avatar or paste in a url for one.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've been in the user control panel and I don't see anything about "avatar" anywhere within. I know all about the other stuff (photobucket, size of image, etc)...I just don't see where I can upload an avatar or paste in a url for one.
    User control panel. On left side, click profile. Then also on left side (same area), edit avatar...

Legend

User Info Menu

User control panel. On left side, click profile. Then also on left side (same area), edit avatar...
    Weird...that wasn't there before...perhaps a post or two is required before that option is enabled?

At any rate, Jack is back!