Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jhansle1: We're all wondering

LasVegasGuy

Re: jhansle1: We're all wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    That's a good start for now.... I'm sure more questions will come up.

Can we do something with the quotes? Maybe just quote the post we are quoting and not the entire string.
    I've already found out that you can only have a maximum of three quotes in your post, so that seems pretty reasonable to me. I think it's sometimes beneficial to see a brief history of the conversation if it's from a previous page.

As far as the troll idea, I posted this in another thread;

...I would say keep it open to the entire board and not exclude anyone not labeled with a "Troll" status.

Hey, can we do that to posters jhansle?

Five votes (or maybe a few more if you all decide) would get someone the troll tag much like they now currently do from the mods at the Trib board (or do they choose to identify themselves that way?). We would need to have concrete criteria for earning the tag and maybe a troll classification to distinguish between the various forms of trolls.

I'm sure most of y'all have seen this since there's not a lot of action here yet, but I like the idea and wanted to see if you guys were like-minded and maybe wanted to build on it.

I noticed the 3 quote max too but the problem is if you don't keep an eye on the number the post doesn't go through. It's then up to you to trim the post down to 3 quotes. That is a bit of a nuisance but can definetly be worked around.

LasVegasGuy

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":1t77pso9
    I've been in the user control panel and I don't see anything about "avatar" anywhere within. I know all about the other stuff (photobucket, size of image, etc)...I just don't see where I can upload an avatar or paste in a url for one.
    User control panel. On left side, click profile. Then also on left side (same area), edit avatar...
    Weird...that wasn't there before...perhaps a post or two is required before that option is enabled?

At any rate, Jack is back![/quote:1t77pso9]

I have had my difference of opinion with STLZRD (and I am probably one of the negativity guys he is referring too) but it's nice to see him still around contributing. I asked NKY not to long ago what happened to SLRZD and he didn't know it was like he "up and vanished like a fart in the wind". (quote from Shawshank Redemption.")

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have had my difference of opinion with STLZRD (and I am probably one of the negativity guys he is referring too) but it's nice to see him still around contributing. I asked NKY not to long ago what happened to SLRZD and he didn't know it was like he "up and vanished like a fart in the wind". (quote from Shawshank Redemption.")
    Differences are differences.... We all won't always get along, otherwise this would be quite boring.... I can't say for sure how Stlrz found this site, but I will say that I PM'd both of you with news about this site asking you all to sign-up (because you both have a helluva lot to contribute), and am glad you both are here.... Now S-T-F-U and respond to a few of my threads....

LasVegasGuy

Differences are differences.... We all won't always get along, otherwise this would be quite boring.... I can't say for sure how Stlrz found this site, but I will say that I PM'd both of you with news about this site asking you all to sign-up (because you both have a helluva lot to contribute), and am glad you both are here.... Now S-T-F-U and respond to a few of my threads....

Your giving us the potatoes, where's the meat?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You know me.... "I consistently strive to underachieve..."..... :P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does this help?.....

Or this?.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes we have had our differences and I'm hoping for a fresh start.

The things that I mentioned before are what drove me away. I'm not a huge fan of moderators, but when a board has them and there are issues with things happening on the board then the mods should do what they are in place to do. That wasn't happening over there.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Yes we have had our differences and I'm hoping for a fresh start.

The things that I mentioned before are what drove me away. I'm not a huge fan of moderators, but when a board has them and there are issues with things happening on the board then the mods should do what they are in place to do. That wasn't happening over there.
    I agree it is getting brutal over there. There are things I don't like about the Steelers and I have made it known but there are guys over there that don't like anything about the Steelers and claim to be fans.

LasVegasGuy

Does this help?.....

Dude, the picture of the hamkey is some funny stuff. I didn't pick up on it at first then it came to me and I about spit out my drink.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There could easily be photoshops done here -- with real votes not hand-tallied threads. If this board gets enough people that would photoshop and vote.

However, I do have some reservations about privately run sites in general.

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but -- don't judge performance by the current level of traffic. It is low volume. This site (or 1steelers) or any other site could easilly bog down. I down know if jhansle1 does this through and ISP or with a server in his basement.

Either way, there really isn't any SLA per se. If a server crashes, this site could be down for a while -- or if a disk gets corrupt, everything could be lost.

As much as the trib has performance problems (and sometimes it is the ad servers not the trib itself), I don't worry about losing all of the photoshop contests.

That being said, I will probably check (and post) multiple places. I just hate doing that. Some folks like going to a bunch of boards. I kind of feel like a family has split up and is now in 4 different towns (tl, sn, 1steelers, and here).

Oh well, back Stahl just scored again. 3-2 GO PENS!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.