Thread: "Eye On Our Opponents": Bengals Getting A New "D".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"Eye On Our Opponents": Bengals Getting A New "D".

Lewis says Bengals installing new 'D'
    BY MARK CURNUTTE | [email="MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM"]MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM[/email]

Amid a relatively innocuous statement coming off the field Tuesday, following the team's first offseason practice, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said the team is installing a new defense.

He offered no details, but the confirmation of a new defensive scheme - following the firing of Lewis' second defensive coordinator and the hiring of his third, Mike Zimmer - comes on the heels of Lewis saying the team will stay with a four-lineman base.

"It's a good day, a good start," Lewis said after the 80-minute practice in shorts, practice jerseys and helmets. "Our goal is to come out ... we're installing a new defense. We have an opportunity for some guys who didn't play as much on offense for us to get a good head start."

LasVegasGuy

Re: "Eye On Our Opponents": Bengals Getting A New "D".

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Lewis says Bengals installing new 'D'
    BY MARK CURNUTTE | [email="MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM"]MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM[/email]

Amid a relatively innocuous statement coming off the field Tuesday, following the team's first offseason practice, Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said the team is installing a new defense.

He offered no details, but the confirmation of a new defensive scheme - following the firing of Lewis' second defensive coordinator and the hiring of his third, Mike Zimmer - comes on the heels of Lewis saying the team will stay with a four-lineman base.

"It's a good day, a good start," Lewis said after the 80-minute practice in shorts, practice jerseys and helmets. "Our goal is to come out ... we're installing a new defense. We have an opportunity for some guys who didn't play as much on offense for us to get a good head start."

What's the new "D" are they actually going to go out and try and stop someone this year?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    What's the new "D" are they actually going to go out and try and stop someone this year?
    Well, that WOULD be "new", wouldn't it?!................

LasVegasGuy

Well, that WOULD be "new", wouldn't it?!................

As a matter of fact sir, you are correct. By the way you need to make that Hamkey your sig that cracked me up. I don't know if it was the lump of ham shaped as a turkey or the pierogies on the side for wings.

Legend

User Info Menu

He better try something new...because the old sucked.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As a matter of fact sir, you are correct. By the way you need to make that Hamkey your sig that cracked me up. I don't know if it was the lump of ham shaped as a turkey or the pierogies on the side for wings.
    I have saved it for holiday posts in the past..... But you "asked for the meat"....

LasVegasGuy

I have saved it for holiday posts in the past..... But you "asked for the meat"....

I say save this one for your Holiday posts.

[url=http://www.freeimagehosting.net/][/url]