Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Welcome SteelersLive

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    You all should really enjoy the additional functionality of this message board (phpBB 3.0) and the photo gallery.
    I'm lovin' this board alot!... Much to offer!

    ...Hopefully we will start to see quite a few familiar faces over here. But I do have a question for you jhansle1: ... One of the reasons I am posting here right now was the technical issues over at the Trib. Maybe I experienced it more than others, or it just didn't bother them as much... Unavailability of access, long lag-times when posting, etc... It was always a nightmare on game-days. ... Do you think your server will be able to handle a hi-volume event if alot of new members show up?

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,501

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    You all should really enjoy the additional functionality of this message board (phpBB 3.0) and the photo gallery.
    I'm lovin' this board alot!... Much to offer!

    ...Hopefully we will start to see quite a few familiar faces over here. But I do have a question for you jhansle1: ... One of the reasons I am posting here right now was the technical issues over at the Trib. Maybe I experienced it more than others, or it just didn't bother them as much... Unavailability of access, long lag-times when posting, etc... It was always a nightmare on game-days. ... Do you think your server will be able to handle a hi-volume event if alot of new members show up?
    That problem with the other board really irritates me as well, but the administration's failure to address it, especially with those who inquired, is what really pisses me off. The only time the mods over there made their presence felt was when they were deleting threads which were even remotely critical of the situation...bunch of friggin' Nazis.

    Hopefully this board takes off and I can put those tools in the rearview mirror.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,459

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Checking out the new site to see if there has been a Nutczak sighting yet?
    Happy now:



    :P

  4. #14
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Checking out the new site to see if there has been a Nutczak sighting yet?


    Welcome brother. Glad to see your sig... I mean you, over here.

    Glad to be here, Angry. I mean Steel. Let the mass exodus from Trib begin.

  5. #15
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    You all should really enjoy the additional functionality of this message board (phpBB 3.0) and the photo gallery.
    I'm lovin' this board alot!... Much to offer!

    Thanks NKY for the heads up. It wouldn't have taken me long before I started to wonder where everyone went.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    I like the board so far. A lot of friendly faces. /thumbs up
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    Draft 2.0

    1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,625

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    You all should really enjoy the additional functionality of this message board (phpBB 3.0) and the photo gallery.
    I'm lovin' this board alot!... Much to offer!

    ...Hopefully we will start to see quite a few familiar faces over here. But I do have a question for you jhansle1: ... One of the reasons I am posting here right now was the technical issues over at the Trib. Maybe I experienced it more than others, or it just didn't bother them as much... Unavailability of access, long lag-times when posting, etc... It was always a nightmare on game-days. ... Do you think your server will be able to handle a hi-volume event if alot of new members show up?
    That problem with the other board really irritates me as well, but the administration's failure to address it, especially with those who inquired, is what really pisses me off. The only time the mods over there made their presence felt was when they were deleting threads which were even remotely critical of the situation...bunch of friggin' Nazis.

    Hopefully this board takes off and I can put those tools in the rearview mirror.
    It would be great if we didn't have a lot of those down-time issues here. I was excited to try to do a real-time "MYDRAFT" on draft day in which we all posted who we would pick at the exact time that the team was on the clock, then comparing at the end to see who ended up with the best bunch of players. However, the fact that SteelersLIVE crashed pretty much every time we were on the clock made that essentially impossible. I sincerely hope that this works out better. I'll have to go back there to chat Penguins hockey occasionally, though.

  8. #18
    LasVegasGuy
    Guest

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It would be great if we didn't have a lot of those down-time issues here. I was excited to try to do a real-time "MYDRAFT" on draft day in which we all posted who we would pick at the exact time that the team was on the clock, then comparing at the end to see who ended up with the best bunch of players. However, the fact that SteelersLIVE crashed pretty much every time we were on the clock made that essentially impossible. I sincerely hope that this works out better. I'll have to go back there to chat Penguins hockey occasionally, though.
    Don't forget about game day either. Sometimes it is next to impossible to log on when the Steelers are playing. Then when I do log on I don't think my posts are going through and I wind up sending 4 of them back to back to back to back.......

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler eniparadoxgma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kensucky
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: Welcome SteelersLive

    I agree with the sentiments above. The technical difficulties of the trib server were very annoying. I don't know about everyone else, but during those really busy periods, a lot of the time I would have to sign back in in order to post. That, to me, is the sign of a server crash.

    If the server can't handle the traffic...you should like...upgrade it? lol

    So hopefully we'll be alright here. That stuff happening on gamedays was very annoying.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •