Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Roethlisberger takes jab at Cowboys and Tony Romo

steeltownfan

Ben Roethlisberger takes jab at Cowboys and Tony Romo

Ben Roethlisberger takes jab at Cowboys and Tony Romo

By James Pete | April 16th, 2008

Mark your calenders for December 7th, 2008, when the Dallas Cowboys ride into Pittsburgh to face off against the Steelers at Heinz Field. That was quickly put to rest, as Roethlisberger immediately took a joking shot at Romo’s penchant for ending up in tabloids,

“I’m thinking about sending an all-expenses paid trip to Tony (Romo) to go to Mexico.”

When Tafoya told Roethlisberger that she thought “you were going to bring Jessica to you,” Ben quipped,

“I just might fly her in.”

Roethlisberger, like Romo, has been attached to several famous women in his three years with the Steelers, including golfer/model Natalie Gulbis and actress/model Missy Peregrym. It makes you wonder if there was more to all this than meets the eye.

We all know Roethlisberger, and his sense of humor. No doubt, he was just having a bit of fun with Romo. Still, you have to think that with this showing up on ESPN, it’s about to turn into something a whole lot more. My guess is that Romo will play it down, and use it as bulletin board material.

Don’t you all really want this to blow into something bigger than it is? Don’t you want Romo to come out ranting and raving about how Simpson is hotter than any of the girls that Roethlisberger has been with. The Roethlisberger shoots back about how the nail clippings of his girl has more brain cells than the entirety of Romo’s.

This, of course, would bring Terrell Owens into the equation. Imagine his comments about it all, after he discussed the sexual orientation of Jeff Garcia, just before Garcia married the 2004 Playboy Playmate of the year, Carmella DeCesare.

Personally, I think that both Romo and Roethlisberger owe it to their fans to ensure that they continue this for however long it takes to get Simpson, Gulbis and Peregrym into some sort of winner-take-all battle royale, and the muddier, the better. Feel free to throw Carrie Underwood in there if you need to even out the sides.

At the end of the day, I’ll be happy with a feud between the two QB’s, that rivals the old Staubach/Bradshaw duels. If the flames from Roethlisberger’s comments are fanned all year, and end up with some sort of grudge match in December, than it’s all worth it in the end. Especially when the Steelers win the game. Call me old-fashioned that way.

Let the NFL games begin, and the tabloids right along with them.

[url="http://mvn.com/nfl-steelers/2008/04/16/ben-roethlisberger-takes-jab-at-cowboys-and-tony-romo/"]http://mvn.com/nfl-steelers/2008/04/16/ ... tony-romo/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ben Roethlisberger takes jab at Cowboys and Tony Romo

I know it's said in fun but I'm not crazy about publically dogging on a player from another team. Giving your own teammates a hard time is one thing...but this was another.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I know it's said in fun but I'm not crazy about publically dogging on a player from another team. Giving your own teammates a hard time is one thing...but this was another.
    Eh, not so much, after all, Romo is a COWBOY! He deserves it just for that. :P

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought it was funny.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

BIG FAN

It's just amusing, I doubt seriously if anything would possibly become of it later down the road. Ben is just joking around and I like that. Good to see eniparadoxgma.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If there's nothing else news worthy at the time the media will try and make it huge just to get a storyline out there...
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Anything to distract from spygate.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Jess does show up, I have a "special" seat for her down in the Nation. Just remind me not to bring my wife to that game!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy

I just love your sig....freakin hilarious.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy

I just love your sig....freakin hilarious.
    Ummm...Papillon has the same sig he's always had. It's not all that funny. Hmmm...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.