Thread: NFL Draft Preview 2008 -- WR

Administrator

User Info Menu

NFL Draft Preview 2008 -- WR

[espn:24cy5m7o]3316172[/espn:24cy5m7o]
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

steeltownfan

Re: NFL Draft Preview 2008 -- WR

It seems like there will be a lot of WR value in the 2nd round!

Also, glad to here some props given to wide receiver, Jerome Simpson of Coastal Carolina University.

BIG FAN

I believe that we don't think of wr untill the last two rounds if at all. As it stands it seems there is no clear cut first round pick that does not seem to have durability issues.

Legend

User Info Menu

I really think the best WR value will be A. Arrington from Michigan. He played second fiddle to Manningham and never got the press. He is good sized with adequate speed and good hands. He is a solid #2/#3 WR and will be quite the steal if he drops to the late 5th.
    Trolls are people too.

BIG FAN

I would not be adverse a fith round wr.

steeld95

Yeah, I would be real happy if we get Monk in the 5th. He is huge and has good speed. His injury last year really hurt his draft status. When healthy, he can be a very dangerous weapon. Also consider, he had a terrible qb at Arkansas.

steeltownfan

That Steelers brought in DeSean Jackson in for a visit. Would they be considering Jackson (6-1, 170LBS) in the 1st round??

Jackson reminds me a lot of Santonio Holmes..... I would like to get Ben a "tall" receiver and Jackson isn't the one I was thinking of... ESPECIALLY in the 1st round

Legend

User Info Menu

Yea, I agree that one was a little confusing. I would say they are just covering all their options.
    Trolls are people too.

steeltownfan

Kiper has the Steelers selecting Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma in his latest mock draft.

steeld95

That pretty much means we have no chance of drafting Kelly in the 3rd. I think I read where Kiper had 3 first round picks right last year