Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crown the Browns

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Crown the Browns

I'll second the great post ruthless. Understand that there are two sides to media. True, they use facts to back up their story, and true enough, the Browns are an improved team, but they are the sexy pick right now. Media wants a sexy underdog pick to see papers and boost ratings. They are just trying to avoid the boring, every year story, and the Steelers are a boring, make the playoffs every year kind of team. I'll take it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    TE's:

Heath Miller
    Matt Spaeth

vs.

Kellen Winslow
    Martin Rucker

Your starting TE obviously has many more catches and yards than ours, but ours still has more than double the number of TD's as yours (18 vs. . Our TE is also a complete TE who blocks just as well as he catches. It is not a good sign for your "Soulja" TE that is a glorified big WR that he seems to need another knee surgery every offseason. We both have young TE's drafting the past 2 years as backup options.

Advantage: Push
    If you think TE is a push, you're WAY too biased... Their TE is better than ours. It's not even debateable. Actually made me stop reading...

(Miller also had more TDs than Tony Gonzalez... as well as more over the last 3 seasons - that doesn't make him better).
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

J_C_Steel

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    TE's:

Heath Miller
    Matt Spaeth

vs.

Kellen Winslow
    Martin Rucker

Your starting TE obviously has many more catches and yards than ours, but ours still has more than double the number of TD's as yours (18 vs. . Our TE is also a complete TE who blocks just as well as he catches. It is not a good sign for your "Soulja" TE that is a glorified big WR that he seems to need another knee surgery every offseason. We both have young TE's drafting the past 2 years as backup options.

Advantage: Push
    If you think TE is a push, you're WAY too biased... Their TE is better than ours. It's not even debateable. Actually made me stop reading...

(Miller also had more TDs than Tony Gonzalez... as well as more over the last 3 seasons - that doesn't make him better).
    So blocking doesn't matter?

The Browns don't have as good of a corner running game, in part, because Winslow and Rucker couldn't block ME much less a lineman or linebacker.

Heath's ability as a great receiving tight end and even greater blocker is more than you think...

(That said, I think you're right. )

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said it in another thread and I'll say it here. Well, actually Collin Cowherd said it.....

""They have a desperate GM, a wobbly coach, and they oversold
    their future for marginal players."

It's nice to see that not everyone has jumped on the stainswagon.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Who's the QB there this year, the Gay Blade or the AGB (Anderson - Glorified Backup)?

Is it true Quinn and Palmer are dating?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

.....Ehhhh.... Let the Clown fans make themselves at home, kick back, maybe light another river on fire....

Steely_J

Quote Originally Posted by steeltownfan
    Why does it seem that the major media outlets (ESPN!) seem to be crowning the browns the AFC North Champions already?

Because they enjoy good fictional stories?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steely_J
    Quote Originally Posted by steeltownfan
    Why does it seem that the major media outlets (ESPN!) seem to be crowning the browns the AFC North Champions already?

Because they enjoy good fictional stories?
    ...Maybe they are just going with the PC comments after the draft..... Question: Is the Fudge Brownies' qb a proven entity?....... No.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it is awesome that the Lions have pre-season champion shirts after an undefeated preseason and a winless regular season this year (the Lions were the only 4-0 team this preseason...wrap your mind around that nugget for a second):

The Browns need to have offseason champion shirts. I still can't believe this was a legit argument prior to the season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.