Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Booger has signed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Booger has signed

NFL Notebook: Steelers sign Warren; McFarland agrees to deal
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008
    From local and wire dispatches

The Steelers came to another contract agreement with one of their own players yesterday when long-snapper Greg Warren reached terms on a three-year contract. He will receive $2.3 million, including a signing bonus of $395,000.

Warren made the Steelers as an undrafted rookie in 2005 and has been their long snapper since. He became a restricted free agent Feb. 29. Yesterday, the Steelers entertained another veteran free agent and three college prospects.

Anthony "Booger" McFarland, released last month by the Indianapolis Colts when he failed their physical, came to a contract agreement with the Steelers last night after meeting with team officials and taking a physical earlier in the day. He is a defensive lineman who is 6 feet, 300 pounds. He spent all last season on injured reserve with a knee injury. The Colts acquired McFarland in a trade with Tampa Bay in October 2006 for a second-round draft choice.

He was the Buccaneers' first-round draft choice in 1999 from LSU and played for Tampa Bay when Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was the secondary coach there.

The Steelers are set with their three starters in the defensive line, ends Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel and nose tackle Casey Hampton. They are thin behind them, especially at end. They re-signed end Travis Kirschke, 34, before he would have become a free agent Feb. 29. Ryan McBean, a rookie who spent most of last season on the practice squad, recently had foot surgery and still cannot work out.

The three college prospects who visited the Steelers yesterday were Arizona State running back Ryan Torain, Michigan outside linebacker Shawn Cable and linebacker Jerod Mayo of Tennessee.

The Steelers also announced that center Justin Hartwig finally signed his contract, one week after he agreed to a two-year, $3,725,000 with the team as a free agent from Carolina.

[url="http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08086/867942-66.stm"]http://www.postgazette.com/pg/08086/867942-66.stm[/url]

ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

steeld95

Re: The Booger has signed

didn't he have a torn Patella tendon??? I think this is just another short term patch, just like Hartwig...We still need to get some youth on the lines(wasn't that Tomlin's message??). I hope we find some gems in the mid rounds of the draft!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Wasn't this a false report? I think he is still undecided. If Booger could get healthy (doubtful think Duce) he could be a force. The guy can play when healthy.
    Trolls are people too.

steeld95

well sounds like he failed our physical....Why are we signing free agents who fail phyisicals with other teams and get cut because of that??? Shouldn't that be a hint to us??? Maybe one day we will go after a young free agent.... Does anyone know that last free agent we signed who was in the prime of their career and who made a big impact with us????? Kevin Greene is the last one that comes to my mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Wasn't this a false report? I think he is still undecided. If Booger could get healthy (doubtful think Duce) he could be a force. The guy can play when healthy.
    We have had a few huge FA signings/trades etc. Bettis, Farrior, Hartings, and Greene come to mind. But, it has been years. Probably due to teams throwing ridiculous money at FAs.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey THIS IS A LIE. Hes broken. They might sign him when hes not broken....but he can't pass a physical.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We have had a few huge FA signings/trades etc. Bettis, Farrior, Hartings, and Greene come to mind. But, it has been years. Probably due to teams throwing ridiculous money at FAs.

It will continue to be thus, unless there's a FA out there without a championship to his credit and wants to play for a team that's on the cusp. I have an odd feeling this year, we might just come out with guns a blazin' and rampage through our schedule. I know this is a very optimistic view, I've never been accused of excessive pessimism. Last year a good portion of the games we lost were due to our inability to sustain drive down the stretch. I think we have depth this year, and will be able to win more of the games we should win..... this schedule is nasty and I can't wait for the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are certainly a competitive team after one draft. Mendenhall was a HUGE pick up. While our OL isn't steller...having a healthier Marvell...Smith...Clark...and the addition of Hartwig will certainly make this team VERY competitive. 10-6 even with this schedule wouldn't surprise me.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Has Booger signed anywhere? I can't locate anything about a signing. wouldn't this be the opportune time to bring in a DL at a cap friendly price that may have a few years left in the tank? Unless, he's failed the physical or has signed with another team the Steelers shoudl take a look, IMHO.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

A Pittsburgh reporter told me he thought Booger was done....this was a couple months back. Take that for what its worth.
    Trolls are people too.