Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This years draft

steeld95

This years draft

My mock draft for all the Steelers picks....I know it won't go this way...but this would be my ideal draft

Round 1: Branden Albert OL Virginia-Fills a huge need and has a huge upside. His film reminded me alot of Faneca when he was coming out.

Round 2: Trevor Laws DE Notre Dame-If he drops this far, this would be a good pickup for us. We need to bring in some young talent at D-line and build some more depth. He played in a 3-4 in college and was very productive.

Round 3: Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt-Very productive receiver. Set some SEC career receiving records while at Vanderbilt!

Round 4: Craig Steltz S LSU- This guy was all over the field for LSU. Very productive and not scared to hit someone. Also a very smart player.

Round 5: Barry Richardson OT Clemson-He has the size and has started since he was 17 years old at Clemson. Would be worth a shot with the 5th round pick.

Round 6: Cory Boyd RB South Carolina-Would be a great addition with this pick. He would be a great 3rd down back. He has very good hands and good speed. He runs very hard. A very good value in the sixth

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: This years draft

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    My mock draft for all the Steelers picks....I know it won't go this way...but this would be my ideal draft

Round 1: Branden Albert OL Virginia-Fills a huge need and has a huge upside. His film reminded me alot of Faneca when he was coming out.

Round 2: Trevor Laws DE Notre Dame-If he drops this far, this would be a good pickup for us. We need to bring in some young talent at D-line and build some more depth. He played in a 3-4 in college and was very productive.

Round 3: Earl Bennett WR Vanderbilt-Very productive receiver. Set some SEC career receiving records while at Vanderbilt!

Round 4: Craig Steltz S LSU- This guy was all over the field for LSU. Very productive and not scared to hit someone. Also a very smart player.

Round 5: Barry Richardson OT Clemson-He has the size and has started since he was 17 years old at Clemson. Would be worth a shot with the 5th round pick.

Round 6: Cory Boyd RB South Carolina-Would be a great addition with this pick. He would be a great 3rd down back. He has very good hands and good speed. He runs very hard. A very good value in the sixth
    I'm still a fan of WR, CB or Rb in the first round regardless of need. A play maker and then fill all the holes on DL and OL in the later rounds. I'm a fan of BPA in the first round and this year any position except QB and TE would be fine with me. I just don't think any of the stud OL are going to fall to 1.23, so, take a play make and then begin the big ugly draft in round 2.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

steeld95

I think OL is still our biggest concern. They were by far our biggest weakness last year. Also, the DB's/RB's/WR's that I would want to draft in the first round will be available at 23. I would love for us to get Mendenhall, but he is not lasting to us. Stewart is now having surgery for turf toe...He would have been my first choice had this not happened. I am not sure if we take a risk on him after the surgery. If Cromartie slips to us, then, I would take him in a heartbeat...but I doubt he will. The only receiver I see available for our pick is Hardy...I just don't think he is worthy of a first round selection. He has the size, but I have watched some games and he was not as impressive as he should have been for someone with that size....So by default, I think we have to go O-line...which is not a bad thing considering we really need some help there. I know one thing, it should be a very interesting draft day!

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it's almost etched in stone that we will draft Albert in the first. He will likely be the best line value at #23. Pappy, I want a RB or a WR but the recent FA RB signing makes RB alot less likely. I think Hardy might be a bit of a stretch at #23 and Albert would be a better value. I really think we might grab Jordy Nelson in the 3rd or Arrington in the 5th. Don't rule out Mike Hart in the 4th either.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I think it's almost etched in stone that we will draft Albert in the first. He will likely be the best line value at #23. Pappy, I want a RB or a WR but the recent FA RB signing makes RB alot less likely. I think Hardy might be a bit of a stretch at #23 and Albert would be a better value. I really think we might grab Jordy Nelson in the 3rd or Arrington in the 5th. Don't rule out Mike Hart in the 4th either.
    If Hardy is a reach at 1.23 then Albert would be a reach as well. I don't believe he has round 1 grade. The OL in this draft is deep, Rachal, Baker, Albert, Nicks and a few others that I can't think of. One of them will be there at 2.53.

I'd love Mendenhall, Stewart, Hardy or even Rogers-Cromartie at 1.23. I just don't think we have to grab an OL at 1.23 for this draft to be successful. Jordy Nelson in the third and one of the above (not Hardy) in the first, along with an OL in the second and maybe Langford in the 4th would be a pretty nice draft. Use the last two picks to try and upgrade the special teams cover units.

I'd be happy

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Currently, the "gurus" are saying Albert may be drafted in the top 10. I certainly hope not but I can understand why.
    Trolls are people too.

steeld95

i have a bad feeling Albert is gonna be one of those guys that fly's up the board on draft day. If he is there at 23, I would be very happy if we take him. If we draft a receiver, it won't matter, Ben can't throw to him from his back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    i have a bad feeling Albert is gonna be one of those guys that fly's up the board on draft day. If he is there at 23, I would be very happy if we take him. If we draft a receiver, it won't matter, Ben can't throw to him from his back
    I'm really not crazy about any of the WRs that might be there at #23. I like Hardys potential but I'm certainly not sold. Albert would be a tremendous value at #23. Connor, Balmer, Williams, Albert would all be very good values when the Steelers draft.
    Trolls are people too.

steeltownfan

I'm not familiar with Balmer ...

Does anyone have any highlights of Balmer?

Legend

User Info Menu

I havent really found anything good...just one lame video on youtube.
    Trolls are people too.