Thread: Off Season Talk

steeld95

Off Season Talk

Who is your favorite steeler of all time and why?

I am torn between two: Franco Harris and Greg Lloyd

Franco Harris was a little before my time, but i was able to watch the end of his career. He was my favorite player when I was little and when I started playing football I wore #32 and played RB.

Greg Lloyd-How could you not love this guy. He played with such intensity all the time. After playing a game against him, the RB from the other team had to be sore for days. I just loved everything he brought to the table. He was also a huge vocal leader that also led with his actions on the field. I miss watching him put a hurting on opposing RB's/QB's

steeltownfan

Re: Off Season Talk

Its really hard to chose a favorite, but I'll list a few that I really enjoyed watching growing up:

1) Jerome Bettis
    2) Greg Lloyd
    3) Rod Woodson and Carnell Lake
    4) Chad Brown

Players of the 70's

1) Mel Blount
    2) Jack Lambert
    3) Franco
    4) Webster
    5) Jack Ham

Theres just soo many!

I'm a Mel Blount and Jack Lambert fan for all time favorite Steelers. However, these guys were easily noticeable because of the positions that they played. There is almost no way to say that anyone but Joe Greene was the most important Steeler since 1970.

But, for pure play making and entertainment Lamber and Blount get the nod from me.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

I didn't become a Steeler fan until 1981 so I missed the Steel Curtain era. Two of my favorite players happened to be Levon Kirkland and Carnell Lake. I love that physical yet underrated style that they brought to the Steelers. And while we are chatting about favorite players I would like to add my LEAST favorite player...Neil O'Donnell. But, I suppose that's meant for a different thread.

It's so hard to choose but I believe it's Rod Woodson for me, the guy was someone who I thought would always have a pick 6.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

steeld95

I second Neil Odonnel for most hated! I just re-watched that superbowl and had to turn it off after the first pick because I knew what was coming and couldn't watch....He made a ton of money from throwing that game and then from a FA contract with the Jets (what were they thinking!).

Yeah, it is hard to choose because there are so many players....Woodson is also up ther for me. The first time I saw the Steelers live he returned a punt for a td against the Jets, it was either in 88 or 89.