Thread: Albert in the First?

steeltownfan

Albert in the First?

Hey guys,

I have been seeing a lot of mock drafts with us taking Brandon Albert from Virginia.

Has anyone watched this guy play?

Is here capable of playing LT in the NFL?

Thanks!

steeld95

Re: Albert in the First?

He would be a very solid pick in the first round. He is a guy that can potentially play guard or tackle. He excelled at guard while in college. He is big (not fat big, but very solid) and moves very well for a guy his size. He is very good in pulling situations and many times leaves the guy he is blocking on his back. Another good thing, he was forced to play left tackle his final few games at UVA. He transition extremely well. He has alot of upside and would be a very solid 1st round pick in my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm starting to believe more and more that Albert will be our guy. I don't want another G playing Tackle. With that said, picking Albert would free up healthy competition at C. Simmons/Rookie/Stapleton could all battle for the position. Competition is obviously healthy. I still wish we would go with a tackle...ie Sam Baker in the first. I'm just starting to believe that won't happen.
    Trolls are people too.

steeltownfan

I would love to see us draft Albert in the first.

I just have a bad feeling that we are looking elsewhere:

CB and WR (I'd be pissed if we draft Hardy in the 1st!)

I just think we need to "Go Big, and Go Ugly"

Hopefully that means a Big Ugly O-Lineman in the 1st, and a Big Ugly D-Lineman in the 2nd (T. Laws)

Steelers7fan

First off, Im a new member and very glad to be here. Very nice message board. I've been a Steeler fan since 1972, right before they won their first Super Bowl. Live and breath Steeler football.
    I really like Albert But the guy has moved up the charts so much so,
    that we won't have a chance at him.
    Knowing the Steelers they won't hesitate to pick the best player available RB,WR,CB,OL,DE,Dt....especially if the top 5 OL are gone and they will be.