Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SMG is in the Hizzouse!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: SMG is in the Hizzouse!

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Glad to see some familiar faces here. Here's to some good discussions.
    Hey there AS, nice new sig!

Thanks brother. I'm pimpin' this site through PMs at the other site. I love the user interface of this site.... not to mention the look and feel. I'm a big graphics guy and the other site is archaic in both look and function. I hope there we can get a great number of quality posters over here prior to the season, so that the discussions will be fast and heavy here come August. I'm here and hopefully more will come.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Is it another "mass exodus" from the Trib, or just a search for a good site?.... Do they "regulate" trolls over here?

....I guess not
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes -- I will regulate trolls for the time being. Planet Steelers does not have a whole lot of activity yet, but when the traffic really picks up I will be looking for moderators.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Another place to waste my time and get even further behind on work. It's a good thing we own our own business so I can't be fired.

I just have one request can we keep Nutsack and Patriot trolls away?

This is a cool looking site btw.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Is it another "mass exodus" from the Trib, or just a search for a good site?.... Do they "regulate" trolls over here?

....I guess not
    Hey now, you'll feel better after Pitt beats WVU for a second time in a row this season....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller

....I guess not
    Hey now, you'll feel better after Pitt beats WVU for a second time in a row this season....
    Your really shouldn't be doing those drugs.....They are destroying your mind.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Yes -- I will regulate trolls for the time being. Planet Steelers does not have a whole lot of activity yet, but when the traffic really picks up I will be looking for moderators.

Let's be somewhat easy on the Trolls we need them for controversy. If everyone on this site agreed it would become pretty boring.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Glad to see some familiar faces here. Here's to some good discussions.
    Hey there AS, nice new sig!

Thanks brother. I'm pimpin' this site through PMs at the other site. I love the user interface of this site.... not to mention the look and feel. I'm a big graphics guy and the other site is archaic in both look and function. I hope there we can get a great number of quality posters over here prior to the season, so that the discussions will be fast and heavy here come August. I'm here and hopefully more will come.
    I'm with you AS. I am really liking the look and feel of this site. Once the member count bulks up I may drop the Trib and be here fulltime.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Let's be somewhat easy on the Trolls we need them for controversy. If everyone on this site agreed it would become pretty boring.
    I completely agree LVG. Yeah, I sport the LoD sig on the other board but I'm just chastising those who bring constant negative viewpoints or attack others for no reason...plus it's funny. It would suck pretty bad if we all agreed on everything, but when we do disagree it's nice to not be sniped by some asshole waiting in the weeds. I actually enjoy the presence of trolls from other teams, especially the ones who keep coming back.

I think it's wrong to censor anyone or ban somebody unless they are posting offensive material or if it's blatantly obvious that they are there to only incite the masses. Now when I say offensive material, I mean something that is offensive to the vast majority, not something like your sig LVG (by the way, thanks you for brining her back to us ).

If I could make a request of you jhansle, it would be to add some type of spell-check feature (if possible). I spell-check most of the stuff I type already, but obviously not everyone takes the time to go into Word and test everything. When I see constant and egregious spelling or grammatical errors from other posters I tend to dismiss them as idiots and I'd prefer to not have that bias.

Thanks and great looking site...damn glad to be here.

Hey by the way, the word "asshole" just got censored to "bad word". What is the expected etiquette on this board? I don't want to offend jhansle's standards but I do like to drop the occasional bomb as part of my normal prose. Like I always say, "I'm a colorful guy and I like to use colorful language". Is this offensive to anyone on here...has my tendency to do this ever offended anyone on the other board? :P

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

I completely agree LVG. Yeah, I sport the LoD sig on the other board but I'm just chastising those who bring constant negative viewpoints or attack others for no reason...plus it's funny. It would suck pretty bad if we all agreed on everything, but when we do disagree it's nice to not be sniped by some bad word waiting in the weeds. I actually enjoy the presence of trolls from other teams, especially the ones who keep coming back.

I think it's wrong to censor anyone or ban somebody unless they are posting offensive material or if it's blatantly obvious that they are there to only incite the masses. Now when I say offensive material, I mean something that is offensive to the vast majority, not something like your sig LVG (by the way, thanks you for brining her back to us ).

If I could make a request of you jhansle, it would be to add some type of spell-check feature (if possible). I spell-check most of the stuff I type already, but obviously not everyone takes the time to go into Word and test everything. When I see constant and egregious spelling or grammatical errors from other posters I tend to dismiss them as idiots and I'd prefer to not have that bias.

Thanks and great looking site...damn glad to be here.

Besides spell checker maybe we can ask the mod to form a commision of 5 to 10 people who will decide if a troll needs to be banned from the site. Sort of like your "5 to get in and your 5 to get out Lesions of Doom."