Five things that I am looking for over the next month of pre season
1. How are the guys who were injured last year looking? Any lingering effects? Guys like Ike and Troy are older, have they lost a step? Is Ben back to being Ben?
2. What kind of shape are the guys who came into camp in better shape really in? Will there be a noticeable improvement in the play of Woodley? Can Dwyer run over guys and then not tap out? Can Redman and Dwyer challenge Bell? Can Heyward grab the starting role away from Hood?
3. Rookie watch. Will Jones prove to be starting material come September? How about Bell? We've heard only good stuff on them coming out of camp. Then there is Wheaton and Shamarko. Can they claim a role? Will one of the low picks or undrafted guys make the WR squad?
4. OL - in particular the tackles. We kind of know what we have with Pouncey and Foster. I think that for the most part we expect DD to step up his game and show that elite prospect talent. Adams seems to be having a very solid camp, is he our LT of the future? Can he play Starks level this year? Who wins out at RT, and can they hold down the fort? If the answer is no to both positions then not much else will matter.
5. Can the D re-emerge? There was no intimidation factor last year, and despite the yardage numbers, this was no number one D. Enter McClendon, exit an old Hampton. Cortez in for a surprising Lewis. Jones/Worilds & Woodley for a hugely underperforming Harrison & Woodley. The Woodley upgrade can be the biggest single improvement there. Pressure the QB, make plays.