Mock Draft Attempt
1. Arthur Brown ILB 6'0 240.... Fast same mold as Timmons this would allow one to Blitz and one to cover the TE's....
2. Phillip Thomas Safety 6'1 210....Got Some Speed spent time as both saefty postions
3. Stedman Bailey WR 5'11 190... Hands and Some Speed. Had Success drafting good WR in the 3rd
4. John Simon OLB 6'1 250.. Woodley and Woilds are Starters, think he can push Carter and Robinson for nickel work
5. Terron Armstead OT 6'5 310 Quick ZBS type tackle...
6a. Spencer Ware RB 5'11 220... Can catch and played in a tough conference...
6b. Cllin Klein QB 6'5 worth a look?
7. Quanterus Smith OLB 6'5 250...Or 3-4 DE Like Stacey McGhee DE 6'3 310
Hope the Steelers do Sign Bradshaw and Maybe the Guard that was brought from the Texans Caldwell
Decided to try a mock draft let me know
I'm hoping Arthur falls to us in round 2 and would maybe switch your 2nd and 3rds, but that would be a solid draft IMO.
For as much as they like Brown, that could be the pick. I personally hope they would try & pick up more value by moving back a little but they might fear losing him to the Bears. There really isn't a guy on that list I would have a problem with except for Klein. No sure Armstead & Smith drop as far as you have them but good eye.
Originally Posted by RCweinmann
Nice draft but i am not a big fan of Arthur Brown at 17. If they trade down and pick Brown its okay but at 17 i hope they go for more value.
That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
IMO Brown is a huge overdraft at #17 for a position that while we have need is far less impactful than many of our other needs on offense and defense.
I'd prefer another OL like John Cooper before taking Brown at #17.
I'm warming to the idea of Rhodes as we get closer to the draft. Seems that some people think he could play CB or safety and could be a reincarnation of Carnell Lake.
Sounds good on paper!