In ONE GAME between half one to half 2 the opinion pedulum swug from "pathetic" to we are back as a top tier team.
We beat the NYG the next week and everyone thought it was a big deal. I warned that it was premature, beating the Giants who ALWAYS lose these kinds of games. YOU mocked my point and here we are today....concerned.
THIS TEAM HAS NEVER given reason for great confidence BECAUSE of the inconsistency you cite.
Still it is not inconceivable that we could go on a tear if the right players are healthy.
I have not seen reason this whole season for being overly confident nor despondent. Yet many here bounce between those extremes with every win or loss.
After the Giants game and the Baltimore game I was "hopeful". Nothing changes with this loss.
Maybe there is no filter that we see the team through. We just see it for what it is. Maybe it's a Monet effect where it looks beautiful from afar, but when you see it up close you see the mess.
As bad as our OLine plays, Ben's still a potential miracle worker. As weak as our D front 7 has played, our DBs have been playing great. And we're always just 1 play away from Troy, Timmons, Deebo making a game changing play.
We're a beautiful mess.
It is a beautiful mess.
1) Coaching. Tomlin's the head coach. But Haley IMO get's a D- so far this year.
2) Ben being out adds to the issue of problems on the offense. Haley + Ben out = INCONSISTENCY
3) Defense cannot force turnovers like they used to - therefore the offense is CONSISTENTLY getting poor field position and can do nothing with it (more the offenses fault obviously).
4) All of our "talented" WRs just lack the ability to get open and win their matchups. No one is physical enough to be a top tier WR.
5) Lack of audibles at the LOS. SD has TEN people on the LOS (most of th game) and we call a WR screen while Paulsen is getting blown up?
I feel the D has it's issues too, mainly 12 yard cushsions on all 3rd and 1s and 15 yard cushions on the BEVVY of 3rd and 10+ yards all game. What is LeBeau doing? There were earlier games the DBs were manning up at the line and playing well and shutting people down. No longer.