PDA

View Full Version : Dotson to Saints?

NorthCoast
08-05-2023, 07:38 AM
More Kahn conning?

Hopefully for draft pick. Saints are expected to be bottom dwellers so a pick could be sweet;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVV7VF8iNJE

Joel Buchsbaum
08-05-2023, 08:07 AM
More Kahn conning?

Hopefully for draft pick. Saints are expected to be bottom dwellers so a pick could be sweet;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVV7VF8iNJE

I will take a 7th round pick for him. Let Khan work at it and it might be a 6th! This is of course if all our Guards are healthy. If the Saints want him after cut day, they will have to wait in line for the other teams to pass on him first. This is why there are many trades for 7th round picks.

NorthCoast
08-05-2023, 08:25 AM
I will take a 7th round pick for him. Let Khan work at it and it might be a 6th! This is of course if all our Guards are healthy. If the Saints want him after cut day, they will have to wait in line for the other teams to pass on him first. This is why there are many trades for 7th round picks.He's worth more than a 7th round pick. He was a starter that could be a solid backup. I say 5th or better. Any 7th round pick the Steelers might get might have a 1 in 5 chance to even make the team.

Dwinsgames
08-05-2023, 08:53 AM
my guess is if we move him it will be at MIN. a conditional 6th that with playing time could be a 5th rounder and if the saint wind up 4-13 like they very well could (Kamara will miss the first 3 week at min) a 5th is damn near as good as a 4th round comp selection as it will be a top 5 pick in the round

Blitzer
08-05-2023, 09:00 AM
I would keep him as backup unless someone offers a 4th or 5th. Former starter, not making a ton of $$$$

Chucktownsteeler
08-05-2023, 09:01 AM
Good riddance. Get the best selection possible. Nothing from the neck up with this guy. Got KP8 concussed twice and led the league for OL in penalties.

Joel Buchsbaum
08-05-2023, 10:25 AM
Good riddance. Get the best selection possible. Nothing from the neck up with this guy. Got KP8 concussed twice and led the league for OL in penalties.

OUCH, in more ways than one. That's what I call a tripple whammy. You might add not much from the neck down too. I am for the highest draft pick we can get for Green.

pczach
08-05-2023, 10:40 AM
He's worth more than a 7th round pick. He was a starter that could be a solid backup. I say 5th or better. Any 7th round pick the Steelers might get might have a 1 in 5 chance to even make the team.

He has been a starter, he's young, and he's on a rookie deal.

whisper
08-05-2023, 11:48 AM

Damn near worthless. I recall when Pgh drafted him a lot of Yinzers claimed we picked up the best OG in the entire draft. Pathetic.

WindyCitySteel
08-05-2023, 01:49 PM
He's worth more than a 7th round pick. He was a starter that could be a solid backup. I say 5th or better. Any 7th round pick the Steelers might get might have a 1 in 5 chance to even make the team.

He has been a starter, he's young, and he's on a rookie deal.

Yup, I'd hold out and wait for camp injuries, either here or on another team. He can be a depth piece here or starter elsewhere.

Northern_Blitz
08-05-2023, 03:16 PM

If it's only a 7th round right now, I'd wait and see if the price goes up if someone gets injured. I think we can probably construct a roster where he stays on as good depth. And I think that's worth more than a 7th rounder next year plus whatever cap relief we'd get.

Joel Buchsbaum
08-05-2023, 04:23 PM
Damn near worthless. I recall when Pgh drafted him a lot of Yinzers claimed we picked up the best OG in the entire draft. Pathetic.

I thought he was a poor draft pick and better players were left on the board. I liked Tyler Baidsaz that year ( 2020 ).

Captain Lemming
08-05-2023, 10:07 PM
I thought he was a poor draft pick and better players were left on the board. I liked Tyler Baidsaz that year ( 2020 ).

Sorry Joel.
Rule 1 of this forum.

If it wasnt posted HERE…it never happened. :)

Joel Buchsbaum
08-06-2023, 07:03 AM
Sorry Joel.
Rule 1 of this forum.

If it wasnt posted HERE…it never happened. :)

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/52349-Kevin-Dotson?highlight=Dotson

Should I pull up the thread of Dotson draft? I wanted this guy in round three. He is starting in Denver. In round four, there were better players on the board. The internet is a marvelous thing.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/quinn-meinerz/112915

Joel Buchsbaum
08-06-2023, 08:12 AM
You know something, Nate Herbig is out playing Dotson in camp, so we sure can trade him and not lose any depth as IMO he is the next man up at Guard or Center. Dotson is like to be cut, so why not trade him for something?

If we do trade Dotson for a draft pick the 8th OL man is likely Ryan McClloum....I think.

Northern_Blitz
08-06-2023, 10:44 AM
You know something, Nate Herbig is out playing Dotson in camp, so we sure can trade him and not lose any depth as IMO he is the next man up at Guard or Center. Dotson is like to be cut, so why not trade him for something?

If we do trade Dotson for a draft pick the 8th OL man is likely Ryan McClloum....I think.

I think that Dotson is a below average starter and probably a very good backup, so he should have trade value IMO.

I'd be Ok making a trade for a 7th late in the offseason. But there's no reason to rush at this point. Seems to me like a 7th is the floor for trade value. And if something didn't happen, I think we can make a roster where we keep him too.

NJ-STEELER
08-06-2023, 10:51 AM
I think he’s probably OL #8 right now, with green close by.

with the team putting green at FB for some looks they’re looking to see what else the #8 OL can do to help the team

Joel Buchsbaum
08-06-2023, 11:08 AM
I think that Dotson is a below average starter and probably a very good backup, so he should have trade value IMO.

I'd be Ok making a trade for a 7th late in the offseason. But there's no reason to rush at this point. Seems to me like a 7th is the floor for trade value. And if something didn't happen, I think we can make a roster where we keep him too.

+1. And the floor could be higher with another team has an injury to a starter at guard. Dotson could be better than the team who traded with us # 3 guard. Dotson is the #4 OG on this team! Get what you can with him.

whisper
08-06-2023, 11:28 AM
http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/52349-Kevin-Dotson?highlight=Dotson

Should I pull up the thread of Dotson draft? I wanted this guy in round three. He is starting in Denver. In round four, there were better players on the board. The internet is a marvelous thing.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/quinn-meinerz/112915

Powie, plowie, plop, plop.

Buzz
08-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Powie, plowie, plop, plop.

What are the sounds I hear when I'm sitting on the pot ...?

I'll take Disgusting Descriptions for $200, Alex

BURGH86STEEL
08-06-2023, 08:31 PM
Injuries are inevitable. The Steelers shouldn't entertain trading any player at this point.

Chucktownsteeler
08-06-2023, 08:45 PM

Plus I think Dotson is in his last year of his contract, get something whilst you can.