PDA

View Full Version : Trice better than JPeezy Jr.

whisper
06-02-2023, 11:12 AM
https://steelersnow.com/steelers-otas-takeaways-cory-trice-balls-out-joey-porter-jr-elevated/

Trice is coming on, could we have finally got lucky with a CB pick? 7th rounder. He could be better than J Peezy Jr. It sure would be sweet to produce two young starting CBs from one draft. We are due for some good fortune with CBs

Steel Maniac
06-02-2023, 11:18 AM
https://steelersnow.com/steelers-otas-takeaways-cory-trice-balls-out-joey-porter-jr-elevated/

Trice is coming on, could we have finally got lucky with a CB pick? 7th rounder. He could be better than J Peezy Jr. It sure would be sweet to produce two young starting CBs from one draft. We are due for some good fortune with CBs

I keep hearing the same thing about Trice as well. If we do indeed hit on both these guys, this draft would be considered a resounding success. And Jones is coming along as well. Everything is on schedule so far from all reports. Let's keep our fingers crossed. We need some good luck; we are about due.

Blitzer
06-02-2023, 11:34 AM

How is he better than JP2?

feltdizz
06-02-2023, 11:39 AM

Its all about the headlines… lol. Gotta juice them up for attention.

whisper
06-02-2023, 11:46 AM

3 passes defended and a pick, better than J Peezy Jr. Bam. All right in a row.

The Man of Steel
06-02-2023, 11:47 AM
Trice is the same size as Mel Blount and he also went to the same college as Rod Woodson so hopefully he becomes a hybrid of the 2 best Steeler CB’s of all time.

Captain Lemming
06-02-2023, 12:02 PM

You stop it blitzer. :)

I too came here guns blazing.

But despite the negative title he DID suggest we might have hit on both.

Baby steps away from constant negativity must be rewarded. :)

Blitzer
06-02-2023, 12:08 PM

yeah he should complain if he doesnt make the Pro Bowl based off that OTA. Clearly better than any CB we have ever had. Boom bam.

Blitzer
06-02-2023, 12:09 PM

you are probs correct.

Steel Maniac
06-02-2023, 12:23 PM
Trice is the same size as Mel Blount and he also went to the same college as Rod Woodson so hopefully he becomes a hybrid of the 2 best Steeler CB’s of all time.

Just saying the name Rod Woodson brings a smile to my face. Oh I wish we could have had him in his prime in the 2017 season.

Steel Maniac
06-02-2023, 12:24 PM

Can't get TOO excited about T-shirts and shorts play but here's hoping.

feltdizz
06-02-2023, 12:40 PM

lmao.. probably suggest they ran the same play over and over again. Good to hear but we also don?t know who the QB was at the time.

Would be nice to have early contributions from a 7th

NorthCoast
06-02-2023, 12:54 PM
Good to hear but we also don?t know who the QB was at the time.

That's the negative part of the news that shall not be spoken...:D

SteelerOfDeVille
06-02-2023, 12:57 PM

ALL OF THIS.... I thought I was the only one....

SteelerOfDeVille
06-02-2023, 01:04 PM
Good to hear but we also dont know who the QB was at the time.
THAT explains why this wasn't a "Pickett is trash" thread...

Iron City Inc.
06-02-2023, 01:33 PM
We sure can find a way to turn a positive practice into a negative spin.
Glad Trice is doing well as he was someone I posted here would be a excellent value for us in that 7th round. Watched some Perdue tape. He reminded me of Rush who went much earlier in this draft. He's a bit stiff in his hips if you watch him but he's coming off some injuries but has the ability to get his head around and challenge at the catch point. Physical triangle is there and the guy can tackle.
Key for this rook like most is stay healthy. He does that he'll likely make the club and it wouldn't shock me if he got a helmet on game day.

feltdizz
06-02-2023, 03:09 PM
To be fair to whisper one of these articles ask the question if Trice could be better than JP2 and said discuss in the comment section.

No one did.. lol.

hawaiiansteel
06-02-2023, 03:21 PM
THAT explains why this wasn't a "Pickett is trash" thread...

I'm sure something was Tomlin's fault though. :p

whisper
06-02-2023, 04:55 PM
I'm sure something was Tomlin's fault though. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMK4cfXj5c0

Captain Lemming
06-03-2023, 07:49 PM
ALL OF THIS.... I thought I was the only one....

Someones IT guy is going to discover we are the same person.

Mr.wizard
06-04-2023, 06:55 AM
yeah he should complain if he doesnt make the Pro Bowl based off that OTA. Clearly better than any CB we have ever had. Boom bam.

Oh just wait until Joel gets going with OTA stuff, this guy has players going to the HOF after some OTA days.

Northern_Blitz
06-04-2023, 07:48 AM
That's the negative part of the news that shall not be spoken...:D

They did say it was KP that Robinson got a pick-6 off of.

I was surprised Joel didn't make a post on that one (maybe he did and I missed it?). Seems like it's tailor made for two things he likes talking about (1) Robinson is awesome and (2) KP sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDpXicdeoiU&ab_channel=ArthurMoats

This video is pretty funny. Deek playing the "WR must have run the wrong route" role.

This is always the problem when we're playing against ourselves. Every great play is also a terrible play.

Although my guess is that making plays in OTAs is just guys who are going 100% when many guys are probably more like 85% just trying to lean things / shake off rust. Don't get me wrong, I like high effort guys. But I don't think it necessarily means much at this point in the off-season.

NJ-STEELER
06-05-2023, 12:53 AM
wex

Eli Riley punched a ball out. The could’ve been another one of those bc that was the theme of the defensive coaches yesterday. Maybe they were punching late and celebrating early too. The first pick by Kenny was batted at the line by TJ. The Trice pick was an ugly under thrown quacker by Mitch

hawaiiansteel
06-05-2023, 12:02 PM
Someones IT guy is going to discover we are the same person.

you have given me inspiration for my new sig: :D

SteelerOfDeVille
06-05-2023, 12:07 PM
you have given me inspiration for my new sig: :d

steel maniac's it guy has discovered that every poster here is actually the same person.
bwahahahaha

Steel Maniac
06-05-2023, 12:41 PM
bwahahahaha

I live rent free in his head. Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.

hawaiiansteel
06-05-2023, 01:41 PM
I live rent free in his head. Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha.

I must admit I have to laugh everytime I think about you saying Cowher was a better coach than Tomlin because Cowher's teams drafted earlier.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/JDbx0yICUNdPW/200w.gif?cid=6c09b952eq197jseawwloxqrkg525amc4lrdb 5aiocn5nxvl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

SidSmythe
06-05-2023, 03:26 PM
Remember Senquez Golson (Rd. 2) vs. Mike Hilton (UDFA) ?? - just on the bigger side.

hawaiiansteel
06-06-2023, 04:39 PM
Remember Senquez Golson (Rd. 2) vs. Mike Hilton (UDFA) ?? - just on the bigger side.

did Golson even ever play a single down for us?

I don't think so,